West Bengal NEET Counselling 2021: West Bengal NEET state quota counselling for the year 2021 will start This counselling will be conducted for the 85% seats under state and management quota. State counselling will be conducted in online mode and will be conducted by the Department of Health & Family Welfare, Kolkata. Through this counselling, students will be allotted seats into MBBS and BDS courses in various private, government deemed universities and colleges.
We are covering all details related to the West Bengal NEET Counselling, in this article. We will discuss some important information about the State Counselling Schedule for 2021, how to register for counselling? Also, we will explain the entire procedure to sit for counselling, Eligibility criteria and much more. Aspirants of NEET from West Bengal must surely check this article to get complete information about the West Bengal NEET Counselling
Highlights of West Bengal NEET Counselling 2021
|Exam Name||NEET 2021|
|Article Category||West Bengal NEET State Quota Counselling 2021|
|Exam conducting Authority||NTA|
|State Quota Counseling Authority||Department of Health & Family Welfare, Kolkata|
|Date of NEET result||–|
|Commencement of State Quota Counseling||To be announced|
|Counseling registration mode||Online|
|Website of Department of Health & Family Welfare, Kolkata||wbhealth.gov.in|
|Official Counseling website||wbmcc.nic.in|
|Helpline||Phone- (033) 2321-3461|
West Bengal NEET State Quota Counselling 2021
All the aspirants of NEET UG 2021, who will sit for the state level counselling in West Bengal can register themselves on the website of the authority. The registration process for the state will start after the central level counselling is over. After that, students can register with a payment.
Post-registration, the authority will provide the candidate with the facility to lock their choices. Based on these choices seat allotment will be done for all the eligible students. Allotment of seats will also be according to the rank of the students. All of the process until the final seat allotment will be done online. After that, students can report to their respective college and secure admission.
West Bengal NEET Counselling Schedule 2021
The complete schedule for NEET State Quota Counseling is given in the table below. This is an expected schedule for the counselling, which may vary with the official dates. So, after the official announcement is made regarding the dates, we will update the same here.
|Events of Pre Counselling and Counselling||Date|
|Starting the Counselling registration||Aug 2021|
|Online Filling of Registration of the NEET-UG 2021. Qualified candidates willing to participate in WB State Quota and/or Management Quota 2021 – Followed by Payment of Fees online- Followed by the generation of slip of verification||–|
|Physical Verification of original documents and issue of verification certificate to the verified candidates at the allotted centre||–|
|Publication of state list of eligible candidates for state Quota and Private Management Quota seats||–|
|Online Registration followed by choice filling of the candidates whose names appear in the said list as mentioned above||–|
|Publication of Result of Round 1||–|
|Allotted Candidates to go for online admission at the respective colleges with necessary original documents and fees and to furnish discontinuation bond as per extant rule (Private college admission counters will be functional at RGKAR Medical College Kolkata)||–|
|Declaration of Vacancy if any and notification for further counselling if required will be done accordingly. Candidates are requested to visit the website frequently as no personal communication can be made.||–|
West Bengal NEET State Quota Counselling Registration
Registration for counselling will be done only through the online mode. Candidates can follow the given steps to register for NEET state quota counseling:
- Visit the official website for West Bengal counselling i.e. wbmcc.nic.in.
- Now click on new ‘registration menu’ on the home page.
- New user have to click on ‘New User Registration after payment’
- Fill in the details asked and click on submit.
- Now candidates have to generate the password and that should be kept safely and confidentially to avoid mishandling.
- Now registration will be confirmed and candidates have to take a printout of the registration slip.
Candidates can also click on the link provided below for filling the online registration form for NEET state quota seats – (Link will be provided soon)
Registration Fee for counselling
Candidates have to submit the registration fee (non-refundable) for NEET counselling. Candidates can make payment of counselling fee by clicking the “Application for participation in pre-counselling” link on the official website. Category-wise registration fee is as follows:
|Caste Category||Fee (INR)|
West Bengal NEET State Quota Counselling Eligibility
All the candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria. Candidates failing to meet the eligibility criteria may lose their candidature from NEET counselling. Eligibility for NEET 2021 is as follows:
- The first and foremost essential criteria to be eligible for counselling is to qualify for the NEET 2021 exam.
- The minimum age of the candidate must be 17 years on and before 31st December 2021.
- For MBBS- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology with English as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.
- For BDS- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, with English as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.
- Candidate must have qualified their 10+2 with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks(40% for SC/ST/OBC & 45% for PH) together in all the subjects.
West Bengal NEET 2021 Reservation for State Quota Seats
15% of seats will be filled through the All India Quota by the DGHS on the behalf of MCC. Rest 85% of seats under the state quota in West Bengal will be filled through the state counselling conducted by the Department of Health & Family Welfare, Kolkata. Reservation criteria for both MBBS and BDS seats in West Bengal are as follow:-
|Persons with Disability||3%|
West Bengal NEET State Quota Counselling 2021 Procedure
With the announcement of results, students will be called up for counselling according to their ranks. The authority will publish a Merit list for West Bengal state quota seats. Only after that, students will proceed with the next steps for counselling. All of these steps are detailed below
Step 1: Registration for NEET counselling
Online registration is the first and important steps in NEET state counselling. Candidates have to fill an online registration form and deposit a counselling fee to be eligible for counselling. Candidates have to first register in pre-counselling and then have to proceed further.
Step 2: Registration Choice Filling
Candidates who will clear the document verification will be eligible for filling choices for their preferred courses and colleges. Once the choice has been locked it cannot be changed or modified. Lastly, candidates have to take a printout of the duly filled registration form.
Step 3: Physical Verification of Documents
Candidates have to carry their original and attested documents for one-time physical verification of all the documents.
Step 4: Allotment of seats
Based on choices filled by the candidates, the counselling authority will allot seats to the candidates. The authority will publish the result of the State Seat Allotment online.
Step 5: Reporting
Candidates now have to report to the allotted colleges along with all the required documents against the first round of counselling.
Step 6: Fresh Choice filling for Round 2
Candidates who will not be allotted any seats in the first round or those who are not satisfied with the allotted seats can apply for second round counselling and can get a seat in MBBS/BDS course.
Documents Required for counselling
There are some essential documents, that a student needs to procure to be considered for admission into the college. Students will need these documents when he/ she goes for verification. The documents to be verified by the counseling officials are as follows:
- Domicile Certification
- Proof of Identity (Aadhaar/ voter id/passport) of the parents in case domicile of parents is given showing the address of West Bengal.
- Proof of payment of counselling fee
- Age proof- 10th class passing certificate and mark sheet
- PH certificate (if applicable)
- Caste certificate
- Medical certificate
- Photographs (passport size)
- 10+2 certificate of passing and mark sheet
- Character Certificate
- NEET Admit Card
- Rank Card of NEET 2021
Important Points related to West Bengal NEET 2021 Counseling
- West Bengal NEET 2021 counselling will be conducted as per the directions of the authority.
- The first round of counselling will be online counselling whereas the second round of counselling will be conducted in offline mode.
- Candidates are advised to ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria before filling the online registration form.
- Candidates must participate in pre-counselling. Those students who do not participate in pre-counselling will be debarred from participating in further counselling.
- Candidates are advised to read all the instruction carefully before filling the online registration form.
- Aspirants willing to secure admission must fill choices within the given time frame and choices locked once cannot be changed.
- Also, all the students going for verification need to carry all the original and self-attested copy of all the documents for verification.
- Seats are allotted to the candidates based on the NEET score, preferences of the candidates and availability of seats in the colleges.
In case, if candidates find any difficulty in filling the online registration form for counselling, they must contact the responsible counselling authority. The contact details are given below.
Health & Family Welfare Department
The government of West Bengal
GN-29, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 091
Swasthya Bhawan- 91-33-2357-6000 / 91-33-2333-0100
Central Fax: 2357-5175
There are about 18 Colleges under Government authority which participate in the counselling along with five Self-Financing Colleges.
Under the state, there are 3000 plus seats for Government colleges admission.
Yes. The candidates who sit for the pre-counselling will be considered for the further process of final counselling.
If you have any doubts, suggestions, questions regarding the post, readers can kindly comment below.