West Bengal NEET State Quota Counselling 2018: West Bengal NEET state quota counseling for the year 2018 will start from 19th June 2018. This counseling will be conducted for the 85% seats under state and management quota. State counseling will be conducted in online mode and will be conducted by Department of Health & Family Welfare, Kolkata. Through this counseling students will be allotted seats into MBBS and BDS courses in various private, government deemed universities and colleges.
Table of Contents
- 1 West Bengal NEET State Quota Counselling 2018
- 1.1 Highlights of West Bengal NEET Counselling 2018
- 1.2 West Bengal NEET Counselling Schedule 2018
- 1.3 West Bengal NEET State Quota Counselling Registration
- 1.4 Registration Fee-
- 1.5 West Bengal NEET State Quota Counselling Eligibility
- 1.6 West Bengal NEET 2018 Reservation for State Quota and Management Seats
- 1.7 West Bengal NEET State Quota Counselling 2018 Procedure
- 1.8 Documents Required
- 1.9 Important Points related to West Bengal NEET 2018 Counseling
- 1.10 Contact Details
West Bengal NEET State Quota Counselling 2018
In this article, we have shared all the important information about the schedule, registration, eligibility, procedure etc of the West Bengal NEET 2018 State Quota counseling.
Highlights of West Bengal NEET Counselling 2018
|Exam Name||NEET 2018|
|Article Category||West Bengal NEET State Quota Counselling 2018|
|Exam conducting Authority||CBSE|
|State Quota Counseling Authority||Department of Health & Family Welfare, Kolkata|
|Date of NEET result||5th June 2018|
|Commencement of State Quota Counseling||June 2018 (tentatively)|
|Counseling registration mode||Online|
|Website of Department of Health & Family Welfare, Kolkata||www.wbhealth.gov.in|
West Bengal NEET Counselling Schedule 2018
The complete schedule for NEET State Quota Counseling is given in the table below-
|Events of Pre Counselling and Counselling||Date and Time||No of Days|
|Online Filling of Information of the NEET UG 2018 qualified candidates willing to participate in WB State Quota and/or Management Quota 2018 – Followed by Payment of Fees online- Followed by generation of slip of verification||From 12 Noon of 19th June 2018 till midnight of 24th June 2018 (as per server time)||6 days|
|Physical Verification of original documents and issue of verification certificate to the verified candidates at the allotted centre||From 10 AM till 4 PM on all the working days except Sunday or Holiday between 20th to 26th June (as per server time)||6 Days|
|Publication of state list of eligible candidates for state Quota and Private management Quota seats||After 4 PM of 28th June 2018||1 Day|
|Online Registration followed by choice filling of the candidates whose names appear in the said list as mentioned above||From 12 noon for 29th June 2018 till 3 PM of 3rd July 2018 (as per server time)||5 Days|
|Publication of Result of Round 1||After 4 PM of 5th July 2018||1 Days|
|Allotted Candidates to go for online admission at the respective colleges with necessary original documents and fees and to furnish discontinuation bond as per extant rule (Private college admission counters will be functional at RGKAR Medical College Kolkata)||From 10 till 4 PM on all the working days except Sunday or Holidays between 6th to 12th July 2018||6 Days|
|Declaration of Vacancy if any will be done on 13th July 2018 and notification for further counseling if required will be done accordingly. Candidates are requested to visit the website frequently as no personal communication can be made.|
West Bengal NEET State Quota Counselling Registration
Registration for counseling will be done only through the online mode. Candidates can follow the given steps to register for NEET state quota counseling-
- Visit the official website for West Bengal counseling i.e. wbmcc.nic.in.
- Now click on new ‘registration menu’ on the home page.
- New user have to click on ‘New User Registration after payment’
- Fill the details asked and click on submit.
- Now candidates have to generate the password and that should be kept safely and confidentially to avoid mishandling.
- Now registration will be confirmed and candidates have to take a printout of the registration slip.
Candidates can also click on the link provided below for filling online registration form for NEET state quota seats –
Click here to fill online registration form for West Bengal NEET State Quota Counselling 2018 (Link will be available soon)
Candidates have to submit the registration fee (non-refundable) for NEET counseling. Candidates can make payment of counseling fee by clicking “Application for participation in pre-counseling” link on www.wbmcc.nic.in. Category-wise registration fee is as follows-
Unreserved Category- Rs.2000/-
West Bengal NEET State Quota Counselling Eligibility
All the candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria. Candidates failing to meet the eligibility criteria may lose their candidature from NEET counseling. Eligibility for NEET 2018 is as follows-
- Minimum age of the candidate must be 17 years on and before 31st December 2018.
- For MBBS- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology with English as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.
- For BDS- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, with English as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.
- Candidate must have qualified their 10+2 with minimum 50% (40% for SC/ST/OBC & 45% for PH) together in all the subjects.
- Candidates must have qualified NEET 2018.
West Bengal NEET 2018 Reservation for State Quota and Management Seats
15% seats will be filled through the All India Quota by the DGHS on the behalf of MCI. Rest 85% seats under state quota in West Bengal will be filled through the state counseling conducted by the Department of Health & Family Welfare, Kolkata. Reservation criteria for both MBBS and BDS seats in West Bengal is as follows-
West Bengal NEET State Quota Counselling 2018 Procedure
West Bengal NEET 2018 state quota counseling will include following steps-
- Registration for NEET counseling
Online registration is the first and important steps in NEET state counseling. Candidates have to fill an online registration form and deposit counseling fee to be eligible for counseling. Candidates have to first register in pre-counseling and then have to proceed further.
- Physical Verification of Documents- Candidates have to carry their original and attested documents for onetime physical verification of all the documents.
- Registration Choice Filling- Candidates who will clear the document verification will be eligible for filling choices for their preferred courses and colleges. Once the choice has been locked it cannot be changed or modified. Lastly, candidates have to take a printout of the duly filled registration form.
- Allotment of seats- On the basis of choices filled by the candidates, counseling authority will allot seats to the candidates and will publish the result online.
- Reporting- Candidates now have to report to the allotted colleges along with all the required documents against the first round of counseling.
- Fresh Choice filling for Round 2- Candidates who will not be allotted any seats in the first round or those who are not satisfied with the allotted seats can apply for second round counseling and can get a seat in MBBS/BDS course.
- Publication of round 2 result
- Publication of net vacant seats
Documents to be verified by the counseling officials are as follows-
- Domicile (a1, a2 and b)
- Any two ID (Aadhaar/ voter id/passport) of the parents in case domicile of parents is given showing the address of WB.
- Proof of payment of counseling fee
- Age proof
- PH certificate issued from IPGMER Kolkata
- Caste certificate
- Medical certificate
- 10+2 mark sheet
- West Bengal NEET 2018 counseling will be conducted in the month of June 2018.
- The first round counseling will be an online counseling whereas second round counseling will be conducted in offline mode.
- Candidates are advised to ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before filling the online registration form.
- It is compulsory for candidates to participate in pre-counseling. Candidates not participating in pre-counseling will be debarred from participating in the counseling.
- Candidates are advised to read all the instruction carefully before filling the online registration form.
- Candidates have to fill choices within the given time frame and choices locked once cannot be changed.
- Candidates have to carry all the original and self-attested copy of all the documents for verification.
- Seats are allotted to the candidates on the basis of the NEET score, preferences of the candidates and availability of seats in the colleges.
In case, if candidates find any difficulty in filling online registration form for counseling, they must contact the responsible counseling authority. The contact details are given below-
Health & Family Welfare Department
The government of West Bengal
GN-29, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 091
Swasthya Bhawan- 91-33-2357-6000 / 91-33-2333-0100
Central Fax: 2357-5175