Uttar Pradesh UP NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2019: NEET 2019 has been conducted on 5th May 2019 in the various cities across the country. Category-wise cut-off marks list will be released after the declaration of NEET result on 5th June 2019. NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is an important exam for all medical aspirants as it is compulsory to qualify this exam in order to get admission into MBBS/BDS course in a medical college in India.
In NEET, out of total seats 15 % seats are reserved for All India Candidates and rest 85% seats are reserved under state quota. Counseling for All India Seats will be conducted by Medical Council Committee of Directorate General of Health Sciences. Whereas counseling for the remaining 85% of seats will be conducted by various colleges under the supervision of state government. Candidates get seats in various colleges on the basis of cut-off marks and merit obtained in exam.
Table of Contents
- 1 UP NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2019
- 2 Expected Cut Off List of NEET 2019 (Category Wise)
UP NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2019
In this article, candidates will get all the information about NEET 2019 expected cut-off marks for Uttar Pradesh.
NEET 2019 Overview
|Article category||UP NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2019|
|Exam name||NEET 2019|
|Conducting authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Course offered||MBBS/ BDS|
|Availability of Admit card||Released|
|Exam date||5th May 2019|
|Release of result||5th June 2019|
|Exam Location||All over India|
Seats Reservation in All India Quota For NEET 2019
Below we have shared the category-wise reservation applicable for NEET 2019 candidates.
|Category of candidates||Seat’s reserved|
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||27%|
NEET Cut off Marks
Before moving further we must discuss the meaning of cut-off marks first. Cut-off marks are the minimum number of marks a candidate requires to qualify the exam. Candidates scoring marks above the cut-off marks will be able to qualify the exam. It will be tough for the candidates to secure a seat in medical college who will score below the cut-off marks. The cut-off for NEET will be released in the form of percentile.
Cut-off depends on various factors. Below we have discussed the factors on the basis of which cut-marks list is prepared for various categories-
- Total number of candidates appeared in the entrance test.
- Availability of seats in medical colleges.
- The level of difficulty of questions asked in the exam.
- Marking scheme
NEET 2018 Qualifying Percentile
NTA will set a qualifying percentile for NEET 2019, which a candidate has to obtain in order to qualify/ pass the exam. The qualifying percentage of NEET 2019 is as follows-
|Category of candidates||Percentile|
|PwD candidates in unreserved category||45th percentile|
|Reserved (SC/ ST) and Person with Disability (PwD)||40th percentile|
Previous Year’s Category Wise Cut Off Marks
|Course/ Category||Cut-off for MBBS||Cut-off for BDS|
|Course /Category||Cut-off for MBBS||Cut-off for BDS|
Expected Cut Off List of NEET 2019 (Category Wise)
The cut-off for NEET 2019 is expected to go slightly down as compared to the cut-off of previous considering various factors. Here we have shared the expected category-wise cut-off list (percentile) for NEET 2019. The actual cut-off for NEET 2019 may vary from the given list.
|UR & PH||45th percentile|
|OBC & PH||40th percentile|
|SC & PH||40th percentile|
This list has been prepared by taking various factors into consideration like previous year’s scenario, results, statistics, and reservation provided to the candidates on the basis of category.
uP Previous Year Cut OFF marks 2017
Here is the previous year (i.e. 2017) category-wise cut-off marks for candidates in UP-
|General / Other||685-145||50|
|Other & PH||474-131||45|
|OBC & PH||510-118||40|
|SC & PH||415-118||40|
|ST & PH||339-118||40|
UP NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2019
Category-wise expected cut-off for UP NEET 2019 is as follows-
|General / Other||681-141|
|Other & PH||474-131|
|OBC & PH||510-118|
|SC & PH||414-118|
|ST & PH||338-118|
It is an expected cut-off mark which is prepared on the basis of previous year data. Actual cut-off marks list may vary.
NEET 2019- Tie-Breaker
In case if two candidates secure equal marks, a tie-breaker system will be used. Inter-se-merit of such candidates can be determined with the help of following parameter-
- Preference will be given to the candidate obtaining highest marks in Biology (Botany & Zoology) in the qualifying test i.e. NEET.
- Candidates obtaining highest marks in Chemistry in the test will be given preference.
- Candidates who have attended less number of wrong answers in all the subjects in the test.
- Candidates older in age will be considered senior and will be preferred.
Important Points Related to UP NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2019
- NEET CUT-OFF will be released after the declaration of result.
- On the basis of cut-off marks, merit list of qualified candidates will be prepared and on the basis of merit, candidates will be able to appear in counseling.
- NEET 2019 counseling for Uttar Pradesh will start probably from June 2019.
- Candidates scoring more than the cut-off marks will be able to take part in counseling.
- Cut-off will be based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying exam. Therefore, exact cut-off for NEET 2019 may vary from the expected cut-off. Due to various factors, it may go high or may come down. Whatever will be the cut-off, it will be updated on this page.
The NEET 2019 cut-off list for both All India seats and Uttar Pradesh will be updated on this page after the official release. Keep visiting our page for more details related to NEET 2019.