Tamil Nadu NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2020: NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) UG is considered an important entrance exam in India as it is the gateway to enter various medical colleges/institutions. It has now become compulsory for every medical aspirant to qualify NEET exam in order to get admission into MBBS /BDS courses in various medical colleges of India.
Cut- off marks plays an important role in deciding the admission of the candidate in medical college. Candidates are required to score minimum marks known as cut-off marks to qualify NEET 2020. NTA fix the category-wise cut-off list of NEET which is released after the declaration of result.
Table of Contents
- 1 Tamil Nadu NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2020
- 1.1 NEET 2020 overview
- 1.2 Cut off Marks?????
- 1.3 NEET 2020 Qualifying Percentile
- 1.4 NEET Cut Off Marks (In Percentile) Of Previous Year 2019
- 1.5 NEET Cut Off Marks (In Percentile) Of 2018
- 1.6 NEET Cut Off Marks (In Percentile) Of 2017
- 1.7 Course-wise Cut Off Marks
- 1.8 Category Wise Reservation in Tamilnadu
- 1.9 NEET Cut off Score Range for Tamil Nadu For 2020
- 1.10 EXPECTED CUT-OFF LIST (CATEGORY- WISE) OF NEET 2020
- 1.11 SEATS RESERVATION IN ALL INDIA QUOTA FOR NEET 2020
- 1.12 TIE-BREAKER IN CUT-OFF/ MERIT OF NEET 2020
- 1.13 HIGHLIGHTS OF Tamil Nadu NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2020
Tamil Nadu NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2020
NEET 2020 cut-off list will be released soon. NEET examination was successfully held on 13th Sept 2020. NEET cutoff is basically released in the form of percentile.
Here in this article, we have shared information about NEET 2020 expected cut-off marks for Tamilnadu.
NEET 2020 overview
|Article Category||NEET 2020 expected cut-off marks- Tamilnadu|
|Exam Name||NEET 2020|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Course offered||MBBS/ BDS|
|Availability of Admit card||Released|
|Exam date||13th Sept 2020|
|Release of result||4th week of September 2020|
|Exam Location||All over India|
Cut off Marks?????
Before moving to expected cut-off marks of Tamilnadu candidates must understand the meaning of cut-off marks. Cut-off marks are the minimum number of marks required by a candidate to pass/ qualify any exam.
Candidates scoring marks above the cut-off marks means he/she has qualified the exam. It will be tough for the candidates to find a seat in medical college who will score below the cut-off.
Cut-off depends on various factors like-
- Number of candidates appeared in the entrance exam.
- The level of difficulty of questions asked in the exam.
- Availability of seats in medical colleges.
- Marking scheme.
NEET 2020 Qualifying Percentile
National Testing Agency has set a qualifying percentile for NEET 2020, which a candidate has to attain in order to qualify/ pass the exam.
|Category of candidates||Percentile|
|PwD candidates in unreserved category||45th percentile|
|Reserved (SC/ ST) and Person with Disability (PwD)||40th percentile|
NEET Cut Off Marks (In Percentile) Of Previous Year 2019
|Category of Aspirant||Cutoff Percentile||Range of Qualifying Marks|
|OBC/ SC/ ST||40th||133-107|
NEET Cut Off Marks (In Percentile) Of 2018
|Category of Aspirants||Cutoff Percentile||Range of Cutoff Scores|
|SC/ ST/ OBC||40th||118-96|
NEET Cut Off Marks (In Percentile) Of 2017
Category-wise cut-off list of NEET-2017 is as follows-
|Category of candidates||Percentile||Range of marks||Number of candidates|
|OBC||40th percentile||130- 107||47382|
|SC||40th percentile||130- 107||14599|
|UR & PH||40th percentile||130-118||67|
|OBC & PH||40th percentile||130-107||152|
|SC & PH||40th percentile||130-107||38|
|ST & PH||40th percentile||130-107||10|
Course-wise Cut Off Marks
|Course/ Category||Cut-off for BDS||Cut-off for MBBS|
2017 cut-off of NEET was prepared on the basis of the given statistics –
Category Wise Reservation in Tamilnadu
NEET Cut off Score Range for Tamil Nadu For 2020
Category-wise expected cut-off for Tamilnadu NEET 2020 is as follows-
EXPECTED CUT-OFF LIST (CATEGORY- WISE) OF NEET 2020
The cut-off for NEET 2020 is expected to go slightly down as compared to the cut-off of the previous year. Here we have shared the expected category-wise cut-off list (percentile) for NEET 2020. The actual cut-off for NEET 2020 may differ.
|UR & PH||43th percentile|
|OBC & PH||40th percentile|
|SC & PH||40th percentile|
This list has been prepared by taking various factors into consideration like previous year’s scenario, results, statistics, and reservation provided to the candidates on the basis of category.
SEATS RESERVATION IN ALL INDIA QUOTA FOR NEET 2020
|Category of candidates||Seat’s reserved|
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||27%|
Cut-off list and merit list for Tamilnadu will be released after the declaration of result. The result will include score/ marks obtained by the candidates.
On the basis of scores obtained in the test, cut- off and merit list will be prepared. The result will only contain marks obtained by the candidates, not the category-wise cut-off or merit list of candidates. The cut-off list will be disclosed later.
TIE-BREAKER IN CUT-OFF/ MERIT OF NEET 2020
In case of two candidates obtaining equal marks, a tie-breaker system is used. To determine the inter-se-merit of such candidates following parameter are used-
- Preference will be given to the candidate obtaining highest marks in Biology (Botany & Zoology) in the qualifying test i.e. NEET.
- Candidates obtaining highest marks in Chemistry in the test will be preferred.
- Candidates who have attended less number of wrong answers in all the subjects in the test.
- Candidate older in age will be given preference.
HIGHLIGHTS OF Tamil Nadu NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2020
- NEET CUT-OFF will be released after the declaration of result.
- Cut-off list will be updated on the official website of the board.
- Cut-off and merit will decide the eligibility of candidates for counseling.
- Candidate can check cut-off online by using registration number and password.
- NEET 2020 counseling in Tamilnadu will start tentatively from Oct/ Nov 2020.
- Candidates scoring more than the cut-off marks will be able to attend counselling.
- Cut-off will be based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying exam. Therefore, exact cut-off for NEET 2020 may vary from the expected one.
The NEET 2020 cut-off list for Tamilnadu will be updated here in this page after the official release of cut-off marks. Keep visiting our page for more details related to NEET Tamilnadu 2020.
From our observation result will be released in the last week of Sept 2020. Keep on tracking this portal for any other latest update.
The range of expected cut off marks for SC category applicants this year is ranges between 133-108.
You can check your result on official portal of NEET i.e. www.ntaneet.nic.in