Sikkim NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2018: The government of Sikkim Human Resource Development Department Directorate of Technical Education Tashiling, Gangtok will publish Sikkim NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2018. It will be published just after the NEET UG 2018 result announcement which is scheduled on 5th June 2018.
NEET for the year 2018 will be conducted on 6th May 2018. Cut-off marks list will be released category-wise on the official website of CBSE.
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Exam) UG is a national level entrance exam conducted by CBSE for admission in medical colleges. For the academic session 2018-19 all MBBS, BDS, and Allied courses will be allotted as per the merit of the marks obtained in the NEET 2018.All aspiring candidates are therefore advised to appear for the NEET 2018.
Table of Contents
- 1 Sikkim NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2018
- 1.1 Quick Information About NEET UG 2018
- 1.2 About Cut Off Marks
- 1.3 Required Percentile to Qualify NEET 2018
- 1.4 CBSE NEET Previous Year’s Category Wise Cut Off
- 1.5 Sikkim NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2018
- 1.6 Tie Breaking Rule for NEET 2018
- 1.7 Important Points Related to Sikkim NEET 2018 Cut Off
Sikkim NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2018
In NEET 15 % seats are reserved for All India Candidates and rest 85% seats are reserved under state quota. Counseling for All India Seats will be conducted by Medical Council Committee of Directorate General of Health Sciences and for remaining, 85% seats counseling will be conducted by the responsible state authority.
In this article, we are providing information about Sikkim NEET Expected Cut Marks 2018 and minimum required marks for govt MBBS/BDS seats.
Quick Information About NEET UG 2018
|Article category||Sikkim NEET expected Cut Off Marks|
|Exam name||NEET 2018|
|Course offered||MBBS/ BDS|
|Availability of Admit card||2nd week of April 2018|
|Exam date||6th May 2018|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Result Announcement||5th June 2018|
|Exam Location||All over India|
About Cut Off Marks
Minimum marks required by a candidate to qualify the exam are known as Cut-off marks.
Following are the factors on which Cut-Off marks depends –
- Number of candidates appeared in the entrance exam
- Availability of seats in medical colleges
- The difficulty level of questions asked in the exam
- Marking scheme
NEET cut-off list is prepared on the basis of all the mentioned factors. On the basis of the cut-off list, candidates are granted admission in the medical colleges of the various states. Every medical college has fixed specific cut-off marks on basis of which candidates are granted admission.
Required Percentile to Qualify NEET 2018
Percentile is a number where a certain percentage of scores fall below that number. Suppose you have scored 40th percentile it means that you have scored better than 40% of the candidates who took the test. Cut-off in NEET is measured in the form percentile. Percentile simply represents the performance of a candidate comparative to the other candidates who have appeared in the exam.
CBSE has set a minimum qualifying percentile for NEET 2018. It is necessary for all the candidates to attain the cut-off in order to get admission. Qualifying cut-off marks for NEET 2018 is as follows-
|Category of candidates||Percentile|
|UR- PH||45 percentile|
|OBC- PH||40 percentile|
|SC- PH||40 percentile|
|ST- PH||40 percentile|
CBSE NEET Previous Year’s Category Wise Cut Off
For the year 2017
|Course/ Category||Cut-off for MBBS||Cut-off for BDS|
NEET 2016 Cut Off
|Course /Category||Cut-off for MBBS||Cut-off for BDS|
Sikkim NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2018
|Category of candidates||Cut-off Marks|
Tie Breaking Rule for NEET 2018
In case if two candidates score equal marks Inter-se-merit of such candidates can be determined by following the given parameters-
- Preference will be given to the candidate obtaining highest marks in Biology (Botany & Zoology) in the qualifying test i.e. NEET.
- Candidates obtaining highest marks in Chemistry in the test.
- Candidates who have attended less number of wrong answers in all the subjects in the test.
- Candidate older in age will be given preference.
Important Points Related to Sikkim NEET 2018 Cut Off
- Sikkim State NEET CUT-OFF will be released after the declaration of NEET 2018 result.
- On the basis of cut-off marks, candidates will be able to participate in counseling.
- NEET 2018 counseling in Sikkim will start most probably in the month of June 2018.
- Cut-off will be based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the exam. The final cut-off for NEET 2018 may vary from the Sikkim NEET Expected Cut Off. Depending on the various factors cut-off may go high or may come down this year.
- Candidates scoring more than the cut-off marks will be able to attend counseling.
- Every medical college in Sikkim will release their cut-off marks list separately after the official release of NEET UG 2018 result. Candidates meeting the cut-off criteria will get admission.
Official Website of Sikkim Medical Authority: www.sikkimhrdd.org
The NEET 2018 cut-off for Sikkim list will be updated in this page after the official release of cut-off marks. Keep visiting our page for more details related to NEET 2018.
You can also share your queries related to Sikkim NEET 2018 by commenting in the comment box.