Pondicherry NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2022: Department of Health & Family Welfare Services – The government of Puducherry will announce the Pondicherry NEET Cut Off Marks 2022 on its official website category-wise. All candidates from General GEN OBC SC and ST can check their percentile from ww.health.puducherry.gov.in. As per the data available in MCI, there are 380 MBBS seats available in government colleges whereas 1050 seats are available in private colleges. While for BDS, there are only 40 seats in government colleges and 300 seats in private colleges.
Note: Seat Details are subject to change and if it does we will update the data here also.
NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) and AIIMS are the only entrance exams in India for getting admission into MBBS and BDS courses in various medical colleges. It is compulsory to qualify this exam for getting into a medical college in India.
The cut-off list plays an important role in deciding the admission of candidates to medical college. In order to get a medical/dental seat, candidates are required to score minimum marks known as cut-off marks to qualify NEET 2022.
NTA fix the category-wise cut-off list for Medical and dental courses. NEET 2022 cut-off list will be released once the examination has been conducted successfully. It will be released in the form of a percentile.
Pondicherry NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2022
15 % seats of the total seats are reserved for All India Candidates and the remaining 85% of seats are reserved under the state quota. Medical Council Committee of the Directorate General of Health Sciences will conduct the counselling for 15% of All India Seats and counselling for the remaining 85% seats will be conducted by the responsible state authority.
Here in this article, we have shared the information related to Pondicherry NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2022.
What are NEET Cut Off Marks?
Let us discuss the meaning of Cut-off marks before moving further.
Cut-off marks are the minimum number of marks required by a candidate to pass/ qualify any exam. Candidates secure above the cut-off marks means he/she has qualified the exam and vice-versa. It is tough to get a seat in a medical college if a candidate score marks below the cut-off.
Cut-off marks depend on various factors like-
- The number of candidates who appeared in the entrance exam.
- The level of difficulty of questions asked in the exam.
- Availability of seats in medical colleges.
- Marking scheme
- Previous year cut-off marks
On the basis of the aforementioned factors, the NEET cut-off marks list was prepared by NTA (National Testing Agency). And on the basis of this cut-off list, candidates will be called for counselling and granted admission to shortlisted medical colleges. Every medical college has fixed specific cut-off marks on the basis of which candidates are granted admission.
NEET 2022 Qualifying Percentile
NTA has set a qualifying percentile for NEET 2022, which is necessary for a candidate to secure in order to qualify the exam.
|Category of candidates||Percentile|
|General (Unreserved)||50th percentile|
|PwD candidates in the unreserved category||45th percentile|
|Reserved (SC/ ST) and Person with Disability (PwD)||40th percentile|
NEET Cut Off 2021
|General||720 to 138|
|SC/ST/OBC||137 to 108|
|SC/ST/OBC (PH)||121 to 108|
|General (PH)||137 to 122|
NTA NEET Cut Off Marks (In Percentile) of Previous Year (2021)
Category-wise cut-off list of NEET-2021 is as follows-
|Category of candidates||Number of candidates||Percentile||Range of marks|
|Unreserved||770864||50th percentile||720 to 138|
|OBC||66978||40th percentile||137 to 108|
|SC||22384||40th percentile||137 to 108|
|ST||9312||40th percentile||137 to 108|
|UR & PH||313||45th percentile||137 to 122|
|OBC & PH||157||40th percentile||121 to 108|
|SC & PH||59||40th percentile||121 to 108|
|ST & PH||14||40th percentile||121 to 108|
The given cut-off marks of the previous year were depended on the basis of stats given below-
Pondicherry NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2022
|Category of candidates||Cut-Off Marks (Percentile)||Cut Off Marks|
|Unreserved||50%||690 to 142|
|OBC||45%||127 to 112|
|SC||40%||127 to 112|
|ST||40%||127 to 112|
|UR (PH)||45%||155 to 130|
|OBC (PH)||40%||125 to 110|
|SC (PH)||40%||125 to 110|
|ST (PH)||40%||125 to 110|
Tie Breaker in Pondicherry Cut Off/ Merit List 2022
If two candidates obtain equal marks in the NEET exam, a tie-breaker system will be used. To determine the inter-se-merit of such candidates following parameters are used-
- Preference will be given to the candidate obtaining the highest marks in Biology (Botany & Zoology) in the qualifying test i.e. NEET.
- After this candidates secure higher marks or percentile in Chemistry tests.
- Candidates who have attended less number of wrong answers in all the subjects in the test.
- Candidates older in age will be given preference.
Summary of Pondicherry NEET 2022 Cut Off Marks
- NEET CUT-OFF will be released after the declaration of result.
- Candidates can check NEET 2022 cut-off marks on the official website of the NTA.
- On the basis of the cut-off candidates will be able to participate in counseling.
- NEET 2022 counselling in Pondicherry will tentatively start in the month of August/ September 2022.
- Candidates scoring more than the cut-off marks will be able to attend counselling.
- Cut-off will be based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the exam. Therefore, the final cut-off for Pondicherry NEET 2022 may differ from the expected cut-off. It may go high or may come down, depending on the various factors.
- Admission to the candidates will be granted considering the reservation of seats provided to the candidates.
The NEET 2022 cut-off list will be updated here on this page after the official release of the cut-off marks. Keep visiting our page for more details related to NEET 2022.