Pondicherry NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2019: Department of Health & Family Welfare Services – Government of Puducherry will announce the Pondicherry NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2019 Minimum Percentile Required Category Wise. All candidates from General GEN OBC, SC, ST Can check their percentile from www.health.puducherry.gov.in
NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) and AIIMS are the only entrance exams in India for getting admission into MBBS and BDS courses in various medical colleges. It is compulsory to qualify this exam for getting a medical college in India.
Cut- off list plays an important role in deciding admission of candidates in medical college. In order to get a medical/dental seat, candidates are required to score minimum marks known as cut-off marks to qualify NEET 2019.
CBSE fix the category-wise cut-off list for Medical and dental courses. NEET 2019 cut-off list will be released after the conduction of exam. It will be released in the form of percentile.
Table of Contents
- 1 Pondicherry NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2019
Pondicherry NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2019
15 % seats out of total seats are reserved for All India Candidates and the remaining 85% seats are reserved under state quota. Medical Council Committee of Directorate General of Health Sciences will conduct the counseling for 15% All India Seats and counseling for remaining 85% seats will be conducted by the responsible state authority.
Here in this article, we have shared the information related to Pondicherry NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2019.
What is cut off Mark?
Let us discuss the meaning of Cut-off marks before moving further.
Cut-off marks are the minimum number of marks required by a candidate to pass/ qualify any exam. Candidates scoring marks above the cut-off marks means he/she has qualified the exam and vice-versa. It is tough to get a seat in a medical college if a candidate score marks below the cut-off.
Cut-off marks depend on various factors like-
- Number of candidates appeared in the entrance exam.
- The level of difficulty of question s asked in the exam.
- Availability of seats in medical colleges.
- Marking scheme
- Previous year cut-off marks
All the basis of aforementioned factors NEET cut-off marks list is prepared. On the basis of the cut-off list, candidates are called for counseling and are granted admission to various medical colleges. Every medical college has fixed specific cut-off marks on the basis of which candidates are granted admission.
NEET 2019 Qualifying Percentile
CBSE has set a qualifying percentile for NEET 2019, which is necessary for a candidate to secure in order to qualify the exam.
|Category of candidates||Percentile|
|General (Unreserved)||50th percentile|
|PwD candidates in unreserved category||45th percentile|
|Reserved (SC/ ST) and Person with Disability (PwD)||40th percentile|
CBSE NEET Cut Off Marks (In Percentile) of Previous Year (2017)
Category-wise cut-off list of NEET-2017 is as follows-
|Category of candidates||Number of candidates||Percentile||Range of marks|
|OBC||47382||40th percentile||130- 107|
|SC||14599||40th percentile||130- 107|
|UR & PH||67||40th percentile||130-118|
|OBC & PH||152||40th percentile||130-107|
|SC & PH||38||40th percentile||130-107|
|ST & PH||10||40th percentile||130-107|
The given cut-off marks of previous year was depended on the basis of statics given below-
Pondicherry NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2019
|Category of candidates||Cut-Off Marks|
|UR & PH||50%|
|OBC & PH||40%|
|SC & PH||40%|
|ST & PH||40%|
Tie Breaker in Pondicherry Cut Off/ Merit List 2019
If two candidates obtain equal marks in NEET exam, tie- breaker system will be used. To determine the inter-se-merit of such candidates following parameters are used-
- Candidates obtaining highest marks in Chemistry in the test.
- Preference will be given to the candidate obtaining highest marks in Biology (Botany & Zoology) in the qualifying test i.e. NEET.
- Candidates who have attended less number of wrong answers in all the subjects in the test.
- Candidate older in age will be given preference.
- Previous year cut-off marks.
Summary of Pondicherry NEET 2019 Cut Off Marks
- NEET CUT-OFF will be released after the declaration of result.
- Candidate can check NEET 2019 cut-off marks on the official website of the CBSE.
- On the basis of cut-off candidates will be able to participate in counseling.
- NEET 2019 counseling in Pondicherry will tentatively start in the month of July 2019.
- Candidates scoring more than the cut-off marks will be able to attend counseling.
- Cut-off will be based on the marks on the obtained by the candidates in the exam. Therefore, the final cut-off for Pondicherry NEET 2019 may differ from the expected cut-off. It may go high or may come down, depending on the various factors.
- Admission to the candidates will be granted considering the reservation of seats provided to the candidates.
The NEET 2019 cut-off list will be updated here in this page after the official release of cut-off marks. Keep visiting our page for more details related to NEET 2019.