Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2021: Puducherry NEET State Quota counselling for 85% of seats will be conducted in an online mode. In this centralized state counselling procedure, candidates will be allotted seats in the MBBS/BDS course in the various medical and dental colleges of Puducherry. Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC), Puducherry will conduct the centralized NEET state quota counseling for the state.
As admission into the Puducherry medical colleges is also done through the NEET UG entrance exam. So, in this article, we are sharing all the important details related to Puducherry NEET state quota counselling 2021. It will include all details related to the counselling, like- Counseling schedule, eligibility, procedure, registration, documents required etc.
Readers are so advised to read the article till the end to gain some important information about the same. Also, you may leave your suggestions and questions in the comment section at the end of this article. We shall be glad to help you out.
Overview of Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2021
|Exam Name||NEET UG 2021|
|Article Category||Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2021|
|Exam conducting Authority||NTA|
|State Quota Counseling Authority||CENTAC, Puducherry|
|Date of NEET UG result||–|
|Date of State Quota Counseling||To be announced|
|Registration mode for counseling||Online|
|Website of CENTAC||centacpuducherry.in|
Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2021
Puducherry NEET Counselling for Under Graduate admissions into various medical courses is an essential procedure to secure admission under the state institutions. The counselling process is completed in several rounds. Based on which, seats are allotted to the candidates. Rank also plays a major role in deciding the seat allotment in various colleges and Universities.
To sit for the process of counselling, all the aspirants have to go for an online registration process. Although the counselling will be in an offline manner. The process of registration and counselling will be completed through the official website of the state counselling authority. Only the registered candidates will be able to participate in the counselling process.
Participating Colleges in Puducherry NEET Counselling
|Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, Pondicherry||250|
|Indira Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Puducherry||180|
|Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research||200|
|Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College & Hospital||150|
|Aarupadai Veedu Medical College||150|
|Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & Research||150|
|Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences||150|
|Sri Venkateshwara Medical College & Research Institute||150|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences||100|
|Vinayaka Missions Medical College, Karaikal||150|
|Sri Venkateshwara Dental College||100|
|Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital||100|
|Mahatma Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences||40|
You check about these Institutions in detail in our article- Medical Colleges in Puducherry
Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2021 Schedule
As official dates for the state counselling are not out yet. So, below given is a tentative schedule which is subject to change. The official schedule for Puducherry NEET counselling will be updated soon.
|Availability of application form||Aug 2021|
|Last date to fill online application form||Aug 2021 (end)|
|Last date of receiving the hard copy of application form||–|
|Announcement of merit list||–|
|1st round of counselling||Sep 2021|
|2nd round of counselling||Sep 2021 (end)|
|Mop up round||Oct 2021|
Eligibility for Puducherry Counselling
Candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria before filling the application form for NEET counselling. Candidates failing to meet the eligibility criteria can be disqualified from the counselling. Hence, they will not be able to participate in the counselling. Below we have shared the eligibility criteria for Puducherry NEET counselling 2021.
The candidate must be an Indian national to be eligible for Puducherry NEET 2021 state counselling. NRI, OCI and PIO can also register for counselling.
Candidates must have attained an age of 17 years on and before 31st December 2021.
– The student willing to sit for counselling, must have qualified NEET-UG 2021 exam and his/her name should appear on the merit list.
-Candidates must have qualified 10+2 exam or equivalent with Biology/Biotechnology, Physics, Chemistry and English as a subject from a recognized Board.
-Candidates must have secured the minimum percentage of marks in all the subjects taken together.
Below is the minimum percentage of marks required by the candidates falling under different categories.
|Category||Minimum marks required|
Registration Procedure for Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2021
The registration for NEET Puducherry will be done only through the online mode. Below we have shared all the mandatory steps to fill the online application form for NEET state quota counselling 2021. Students who wish to sit for counselling can follow these steps and secure their admission.
- Visit the official website of the CENTAC, Puducherry at www.centacpuducherry.in
- Click on the link provided for MBBS and BDS counselling.
- Now register by providing details like DOB, mobile number, and email ID.
- After registration, you will receive a verification link through which you will be redirected to the login page.
- After login fills in all the necessary details and click on submit button.
- Now you will be directed to the payment page where you have to make payment of the application fee.
- After the final submission of the application, you have to send the printed copy of the application form along with the required documents to the CENTAC office. (Address is mentioned at the end of the article)
Candidates can also click on the link provided below for filling the online registration form for NEET state quota counselling – (link will be available soon)
Counseling Procedure- NEET Puducherry
After the students complete their registration. The next step is the final counselling. NEET UG counseling will include following steps-
- The first step in UG counselling involves online registration. Candidates have to register through the official website of the Board.
- The second stage is the release of the Puducherry state merit list.
- Based on the merit list candidates will be called for counselling. Candidates will be notified of the counselling date, time and venue through the website.
- On the day of counselling, candidates have to be present at the counselling venue with all the required documents.
- Based on merit, document verification and choice filled, seats will be allotted to the candidates.
- After the allotment of seat candidates have to report to the allotted college with all the documents.
The application fee for various categories vary according to the type of seat, a student needs to sit for. The fee is as follows:
|Category||Management quota fee/ Other state students||Government quota||Foreign nationals/ NRI/ OCI/ PIO|
|General/ OBC||Rs. 2,000/-||Rs. 1,000/-||Rs. 2,000/-|
|ST/ SC||Rs. 1,000/-||Rs. 500/-||–|
- Application fee can be paid only through online mode (Credit cards/Debit cards/NEFT). No other payment mode is provided.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
Reservation Criteria for NEET Puducherry 2021
Here, we have shared the reservation criteria applied as per the policies of the State Government for both MBBS and BDS seats in Puducherry. Also, the horizontal reservation will be given consideration only if there are seats available in the vertical reservation.
|Open General/ Unreserved||50%|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||16 %|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||11%|
|Backward Classes Muslims (BCM)||2%|
|Most Backward Classes (MBC)||18%|
|Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)||2%|
|Children/Grand Children of Freedom (Fighter) (FF)||4%|
|Wards of Ex-Servicemen (EX)||1%|
|Physically Challenged (PH)||3%|
|Candidate who are Meritorious in Sports (SP)||1%|
*Candidates can claim the reservation only if he/she possess a relevant certificate.
Documents Required for state counselling
There are some documents that are essential for the counselling. The student needs to present all these documents in order to claim his candidature. Candidates are required to send the self-attested copy of all the given documents:
- High school (10th) mark sheet and Certificate of passing
- 10+2 mark sheet and Certificate of passing
- Birth certificate / 10th mark sheet
- Nativity Certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Character certificate
- Proof of Identity
- Allotment Letters
- Payment receipt of application fee
- A printed copy of the filled-in online application form
- Photographs (passport size)
- Demand Draft (DD) receipt
- NEET Rank Card and Admit Card
Important Points related to Puducherry NEET Counselling
- Puducherry NEET state counselling will be conducted as per the notification by the higher authorities. As soon as the Board will release the counselling dates, we will update the same here.
- Candidates will be intimidated about Puducherry NEET state counselling through emails, SMS, website and a press release.
- Admission will be provided to the candidates only based on merit, which means only the NEET scores.
- Candidates are advised to stay in touch with the official website of CENTAC to get regular updates about the Puducherry NEET centralized state counselling.
- Candidates have to submit the printed copy of the online application form and the self-attested copy of all the necessary documents along with the payment receipt of the application fee to the CENTAC address. The address is given below:
CENTAC office PEC Campus,
Pillaichavady, Puducherry – 605 014
With the state level counselling, Puducherry offers about 578 MBBS seats.
The counselling is conducted for the 234 state quota seats.
No. There are no specific criteria for the management seats. The student just needs to ensure the usual eligibility criteria. The criteria are mentioned in the article.