Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2018: Puducherry NEET State Quota counseling for 85% seats will be conducted in the month of June 2018. In this centralized state counseling procedure, candidates will be allotted seats into MBBS/BDS course in the various medical and dental colleges of Puducherry. Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC), Puducherry will conduct the centralized NEET state quota counseling for the state.
Table of Contents
- 1 Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2018
- 1.1 An Overview of Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2018
- 1.2 Participating Colleges
- 1.3 Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2018 Schedule
- 1.4 Eligibility
- 1.5 Registration Procedure for Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2018
- 1.6 Application fee
- 1.7 Reservation
- 1.8 Counseling Procedure
- 1.9 Documents Required
Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2018
In this article, we have shared all the important details related to Puducherry NEET state quota counseling 2018. It will include details like- Counseling schedule, eligibility, procedure, registration, documents required etc.
An Overview of Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2018
|Exam Name||NEET UG 2018|
|Article Category||Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2018|
|Exam conducting Authority||CBSE|
|State Quota Counseling Authority||CENTAC, Puducherry|
|Date of NEET UG result||5th June 2018|
|Date of State Quota Counseling||June 2018 (Tentatively)|
|Registration mode for counseling||Online|
|Website of CENTAC||www.centaconline.in|
- Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, Pondicherry- 49 seats
- Aarupadai Veedu Medical College, Pondicherry- 25 seats
- Mahatma Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry
- Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Pondicherry- 38 seats
- Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Pondicherry- 38 seats
- Sri Venkateswaraa Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Pondicherry- 53 seats
- Vinayaka Missions Medical College, Pondicherry- 25 seats
- Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College & Hospital, Pondicherry- 55 seats
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry- 25 seats
- Sri Venkateswara Dental College, Puducherry- 35 seats
- Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Mahe- 25 seats
Note- The number of College and Seats given here are subject to change for the year 2018-2019 as per the policies of state government.
Also Check: Pondicherry NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2018
Official Notification of Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2018
Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2018 Schedule
|Availability of application form||6th June 2018|
|Last date to fill online application form||15th June 2018|
|Last date of receiving the hard copy of application form||2nd week of June 2018|
|Announcement of merit list||Last week of June 2018|
|1st round of counseling||July 2018|
The official schedule for Puducherry NEET counseling will be updated soon.
Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before filling the application form for NEET counseling. Candidates failing to meet the eligibility criteria can be disqualified from the counseling. Hence, they will not be able to participate in the counseling. Below we have shared the eligibility criteria for Puducherry NEET counseling 2018-
- Candidate must be an Indian national to be eligible for Puducherry NEET 2018 state counseling.
- Candidates must have attained an age of 17 years on and before 31st December 2018.
- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 exam or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as a subject from a recognized Board.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum percentage of marks in all the subjects taken together. Below is the minimum percentage of marks required by the candidates falling under different categories-
|Category||Minimum marks required|
- Candidate must have qualified NEET 2018 exam and his/her name should appear in the merit list.
Registration Procedure for Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2018
The registration for NEET Puducherry will be done only through the online mode. Below we have shared all the mandatory steps to fill the online application form for NEET state quota counseling 2018-
- Visit the official website of the CENTAC, Puducherry (www.centaconline.in).
- Click on the link provided for MBBS and BDS counseling.
- Now register by providing details like DOB, mobile number, and email ID.
- After registration, you will receive a verification link through which you will be redirected to the login page.
- After login fills all the necessary details and click on submit button.
- Now you will be directed to the payment page where you have to make payment of the application fee.
- After the final submission of the application, you have to send the printed copy of application form along with the required documents to CENTAC office. (Address is mentioned at the end of the article)
Candidates can also click on the link provided below for filling online registration form for NEET state quota counseling–
Click here to fill registration form for Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2018 (link will be available soon)
The application fee for various categories is as follows-
- Application fee can be paid only through online mode (Credit cards/Debit cards/NEFT). No other payment mode is provided.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
Here, we have shared the reservation criteria applied as per the policies of the State Government for both MBBS and BDS seats in Puducherry-
|Schedule Caste (SC)||16 %|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||11%|
|Backward Classes Muslims (BCM)||2%|
|Most Backward Classes (MBC)||18%|
|Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)||2%|
|Children/Grand Children of Freedom (Fighter) (FF)||4%|
|Wards of Ex-Servicemen (EX)||1%|
|Physically Challenged (PH)||3%|
|Candidate who are Meritorious in Sports (SP)||1%|
*Candidates can claim the reservation only if he/she possess a relevant certificate.
NEET UG counseling will include following steps-
- The first step in UG counseling involves online registration. Candidates have to register through the official website of the Board.
- The second stage is the release of merit list.
- On the basis of the merit list candidates will be called for counseling. Candidates will be notified of the counseling date, time and venue through the website.
- On the day of counseling, candidates have to be present at the counseling venue with all the required documents. On the basis of merit, document verification and choice filled, seats will be allotted to the candidates.
- After the allotment of seat candidates have to report to the allotted college with all the documents.
Candidates are required to send the self-attested copy of all the given documents-
- High school (10th) mark sheet
- 10+2 mark sheet
- Birth certificate / 10th mark sheet
- Nativity certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Character certificate
- Payment receipt of application fee
- A printed copy of filled-in online application form
- Puducherry NEET state counseling will be conducted tentatively in the month of July 2018. As soon as Board will release the counseling dates, we will update the same here.
- Candidates will be intimidated about Puducherry NEET state counseling through emails, SMS, website and through the press release.
- Admission will be provided to the candidates only on the basis of merit, which means only on the basis of NEET score.
- Candidates are advised to stay in touch with the official website of CENTAC to get the regular updates about the Puducherry NEET centralized state counseling.
- Candidates have to submit the printed copy of online application form and the self-attested copy of all the necessary documents along with the payment receipt of application fee to the address given below-
CENTAC office PEC Campus,
Pillaichavady, Puducherry – 605 014