Table of Contents
Odisha State Quota MBBS BDS Counselling 2016 Schedule Registration Eligibility: Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Authority is has announced schedule, for 1st round counselling for MBBS/BDS seats. All candidates who have domicile of Odisha state can fill the online application form. The online registration & Application for MBBS/BDS Admission will start from 23rd August 2016. The last date of online registration is 25th August 2016 (upto 3:00 PM).
Odisha State Quota MBBS BDS Counselling 2016 Schedule Registration Eligibility
The state quota counselling will be conducted to fill 85% of total seats in Government/Private Medical/Dental Colleges excluding deemed Universities.
State Quota Counselling Eligibility:
- A candidate must be 17 years of age as on 31.12.2016 and there will be no upper age limit. However, the candidate must be born before 01/01/2000).
- The candidates must be a permanent native of Odisha State.
The candidate must have passed +2 Secondary and in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have secured minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry & Biology at +2 Secondary level for General Candidate (GE), 40% for SC/ST candidates and 45% for locomotory disability of lower limbs candidates (PC). The required mark is 40% for Physically Challenged candidate of SC/ST category.
The Minimum qualifying mark for different categories
- General (GE) – 145 (50th percentile)
- Physically Challenged (locomotary disability of lower limbs)(PC-GE) – 131 (45th percentile)
- Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Scheduled Caste (SC)- 118 (40th percentile).
- For Physically challenged candidate of SC/ST category, 118 (40th percentile).
Reservation: The Reservation policy of Odisha State Government will be followed for the section is as given below:
Scheduled Tribe (ST)12%, Scheduled Cast (SC)8%, Physically Challenged (PC)3% of each category, Ex-Servicemen (ES) 3% and Green Card Holders (GC) 5%.
Note: Since there is no OBC category in the State, such candidates will be considered in General Category and the minimum qualifying marks shall be 145 (50th percentile) in the NEET UG 2016.
State Quota Counselling Schedule:
|Online Registration & Application for MBBS/BDS Admission||23rd Aug 2016 to 25th Aug 2016 (up to 3:00 PM)|
|Publication of list of Registered Candidates||26th August 2016|
|Document Verification||26th August 2016 to 29th August 2016|
|Choice Filling and Locking||30th August 2016 and 31st Aug 2016|
|Allotment and Downloading of Allotment Letter||2nd September 2016|
|Provisional Admission||3rd September to 6th Sep 2016|
Important Documents Required for the Counselling
i. 10th board certificate and mark sheet
ii. +2 Secondary pass certificate and mark sheet
iii. College/School leaving certificate
iv. Nativity/Resident certificate of Odisha
v. SC/ST Certificate by birth issued by competent authority, Government of Odisha
vi. Green Card issued by Family Welfare Dept. Government of Odisha only.
vii. Ex-Serviceman Certificate issued by Rajya Sainik Board, Bhubaneswar.
viii. Document issued by PC board (Candidates interested to avail Physical Challenged category quota, must appear medical board on declared date at SCB Medical College, Cuttack. Report from Medical board is final and binding on candidate for getting PC quota seat and no other kind of documents is acceptable.)
- After verification of all necessary documents, document verification slip will be given to the candidate.
- During document verification, required marks of +2 Science will be entered into the system at the nodal center.
Online Counselling Procedure
Below we are providing counselling procedure steps. All candidates must follow these steps. Remember, no one will be allowed in counselling without online registration.
- Registration and submission of Application
- Document Verification and Counselling Fee deposit at Nodal Center
- Choice Filling and Locking
- Seat Allotment Result
- Provisional Admission at JEE Cell, Gandamunda, Bhubaneswar
Some Important Links
Official Counselling Homepage: http://ojee.nic.in/publicinfomed/public/home.aspx
Go For: Counselling Flow Chart
Final Word: All candidates are suggested to keep visiting this website for regular updates of Odisha State quota MBBD/BDS counselling 2016. Candidates can follow our Facebook Page for all latest updates of NEET 2016 Counselling.