Odisha State Quota Counselling 2021: Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Authority (OJEE) announces the Odisha NEET State Quota MBBS/BDS Counselling Schedule every year. All candidates who have a domicile of Odisha state can fill the online application form released by the authority. The online registration & Application for MBBS/BDS Admission will start soon as the NEET results are out.
Like any other state, Odisha also has 85% of seats under different colleges and Universities. In this article, we will discuss everything about the counselling process under the state. We will provide the students with the counselling schedule, required eligibility and procedure to register and sit for the counselling. Therefore, the aspirants of NEET are highly advised to give this article a read and make their counselling process hassle-free.
Odisha State Quota MBBS BDS Counselling 2021
As you know by now that the state quota counselling will be conducted to fill 85% of total seats in Government/Private Medical/Dental Colleges excluding deemed Universities. So, the counselling process will proceed once the Odisha NEET State Merit List is out by the state authority. The merit list will be published by the authority keeping the NEET ranks as the basis. Thus, your NEET scores can definitely get you a seat in some of the best colleges through state counselling.
The complete process of Counselling registration is online. Thus, to get consideration for admission into the colleges, students need to first register themselves on the authority website. Only the registered candidates will be able to sit for the further counselling process. Therefore, it is very essential to register first. We will discuss the registration as well in the sections below.
Students register on the state website with the payment of a registration fee which is a prerequisite for filling up and locking the choices made by the students. The counselling process will also require verification which we will also discuss in detail in the further sections.
Odisha State Quota Counselling Eligibility
Some criteria are essential for every candidate to get consideration for admission into the respective Universities and Colleges. These will determine the eligibility of any individual claiming the seats.
- A candidate must be 17 years of age as of 31.12.2021. However, the candidate must be born before 01/01/2004).
- The candidates must be permanent native of Odisha State.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 Secondary and in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually.
- He/ She must have secured a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry & Biology at +2 Secondary level. (General Candidate (GE), 40% for SC/ST candidates and 45% for locomotory disability of lower limbs candidates (PC). The required mark is 40% for the Physically Challenged candidate of the SC/ST category).
Reservation for different categories
The Reservation policy of Odisha State Government will be followed for the counselling is as given below:
|Physically Challenged (PC)||3% of each category|
|Green Card Holders (GC)||5%|
|Scheduled Cast (SC)||8%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||12%|
Note: Since there is no OBC category in the State, such candidates will be considered in General Category. Thus, the minimum qualifying marks for them shall be 145 (50th percentile) in the NEET UG 2021.
Minimum qualifying mark for different categories
|For the Physically Challenged candidate of the SC/ST category,||118 (40th percentile)|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Scheduled Caste (SC)||118 (40th percentile)|
|Physically Challenged (locomotory disability of lower limbs)(PC-GE)||131 (45th percentile)|
|General (GE)||145 (50th percentile)|
State Quota Counselling Schedule
The state authority responsible for counselling process, rolls out a schedule for the complete process. As the official date are not out yet. So, the schedule detailed below is a tentative schedule which is subject to the changes by the authority. As soon as the official dates are out, we will update the same in this article.
|Events||Dates & Timing|
|Registration and online application||Aug 2021|
|Publication of list of registered candidates||Sep 2021|
|Document Verification at Nodal Centres||–|
|Medical Board for Physically challenged||–|
|Publication of State Merit list||Sep 2021|
|Choice Filling and Locking||Sep 2021|
|1st Round Result publication and Downloading provisional allotment letter||Sep 2021 (mid)|
|Provisional Admission (1st Round) at OJEE CELL, Gandmunda, Bhubaneswar.||–|
|Joining In Institutes||–|
|Vacant Seat display (including returned All India quota seats)||Sep 2021 (end)|
|Choice filling and Choice locking||–|
|2nd Round allotment and downloading provisional allotment cum admission letter||Oct 2021|
|2nd Round Provisional admission at OJEE CELL, Gandmunda, Bhubaneswar||–|
|Withdrawal (resignation) from admission (no resignation is allowed after this date)||–|
|A Spot Counselling may be done if vacancy arises due to any reason after 2nd round counseling and admission. Venue OJEE Cell, Gandamunda, Bhubaneswar||Oct 2021 (mid)|
|Last date of Joining in institutions||–|
|Transfer of vacant seats to private Medical College for final mop up admission||Nov 2021|
|Last date of joining in private institutions||Nov 2021|
|Commencement of session||–|
Important Documents Required for the Counselling
Below mentioned is a list of documents which a student will require in order to sit for the counselling.
|i)||10th board certificate and mark sheet|
|ii)||+2 Secondary pass certificate and mark sheet.|
|iii)||College/School leaving certificate/ Migration|
|iv)||Nativity/Resident certificate of Odisha|
|v)||SC/ST Certificate by birth issued by the competent authority, Government of Odisha.|
|vi)||Green Card issued by Family Welfare Dept. Government of Odisha only.|
|vii)||Ex-Serviceman Certificate issued by Rajya Sainik Board, Bhubaneswar.|
|viii)||Document issued by PC board (Candidates interested to avail Physical Challenged category quota, must appear medical board on the declared date at SCB Medical College, Cuttack. Report from Medical Board is final and binding on the candidate for getting PC quota seat and no other kind of documents is acceptable).|
After verification of all necessary documents, a document verification slip will be given to the candidate.
Online Counselling Procedure @ojee.nic.in
Counselling under the state is a step by step process. Below we are providing counselling procedure steps. All candidates must follow these steps. Remember, no one will be allowed in counselling without online registration. So, you have to proceed sequentially to do so.
- Registration and submission of Application- Go to the official website of the counselling Authority. The direct link to the authority website is given at the end.
- Choice Filling and Locking- At this step of the counselling process, a student has to choose among the various courses and University. Therefore, locking the options according to their preference.
- Document Verification- Verification of the documents is an essential step in any counselling process. Based on the verified documents, further provisional admission letter will be provided to the candidates. During document verification, required marks of +2 Science will be entered into the system at the nodal centre.
- Admission Fee deposit- As soon as you submit the admission fee, provisional admission will be offered to the candidates.
- Seat Allotment- Seats will be allotted to the candidates as per their NEET ranking and college/ course preferences. After that, a Result will be published, listing the students along with their allotted seats.
- Admission- Now your fee submitted earlier, will now be sent to your allocated institution by the authority. After which, you need to report to your respective college and complete the further admission along with the tuition fee payment.
Some Important Links
|Official Counselling Homepage||ojee.nic.in|
|List Of Medical Colleges In Odisha Total Govt and Private MBBS BDS Seats||Check Here|
Final Word: All candidates are suggested to keep visiting this website for regular updates of Odisha State quota MBBD/BDS counselling 2021 Candidates can follow our Facebook Page for all the latest updates of NEET 2021 Counselling.
There are about 1900+ seats for MBBS under the 85% state quota seats.
There are 300+ seats for the aspirants of BDS under the state quota of Odisha.
The application form for the counselling will be released by the authority soon.
If you have any questions related to the Odisha State Quota Counselling for NEET 2021. You can comment below.