Odisha NEET Counselling 2018: Odisha NEET State Quota counseling for the year 2018 is expected to be held in the month of June 2018. Candidates have to register through the official website of the counseling authority. The centralized state counseling for NEET 2018 in the state of Odisha will be conducted by Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) Board. Candidates will get admission into MBBS and BDS courses in various medical and dental colleges of the state through the Odisha NEET 2018 state counseling.
Table of Contents
- 1 OJEE Odisha NEET Counselling 2018
- 1.1 12/06/2018- Official Notification
- 1.2 Overview- Odisha NEET Counselling 2018 State Quota
- 1.3 Counseling Schedule
- 1.4 Eligibility
- 1.5 Registration for Odisha NEET UG Counseling 2018
- 1.6 Application fee
- 1.7 Counseling Procedure
- 1.8 Documents Required
- 1.9 For NRI candidates-
- 1.10 Reservation Criteria
OJEE Odisha NEET Counselling 2018
In this article, we have shared all the necessary details related to Odisha NEET state quota counseling 2018.
Overview- Odisha NEET Counselling 2018 State Quota
|Exam Name||NEET UG 2018|
|Article Category||Odisha NEET Counselling 2018|
|Exam conducting Authority||CBSE|
|State Quota Counseling Authority||OJEE, Odisha|
|Date of NEET result||4th June 2018|
|Commencement of State Quota Counseling||3rd Week of July 2018|
|Registration mode for counseling||Online|
|Website of OJEE||www.odishajee.com|
Also Check: OJEE Odisha NEET State Merit List 2018
|Online application and registration||3rd week of June 2018|
|Publication of list of registered candidates||3rd week of June 2018|
|Document verification||3rd week of June 2018|
|Display of state merit list||4th week of June 2018|
|Choice filling and locking||4th week of June 2018|
|Download of provisional allotment letter (1st round)||1st week of July 2018|
|Provisional admission and joining (1st round)||1st week of July 2018|
|Display of vacant seat||2nd week of July 2018|
|Choice filling and locking||2nd week of July 2018|
|Download of provisional allotment letter (2nd round)||3rd week of July 2018|
|Provisional admission and joining (2nd round)||3rd week of July 2018|
|Last date for resignation||Last week of July 2018|
|Mop-up round of counseling||Last week of July 2018|
|Commencement of session||1st week of August 2018|
|Last date of admission (in private college)||1st week of August 2018|
*The given schedule is based on the information of previous year NEET Odisha counseling. The official schedule will be updated soon.
Before filling the application form for NEET counseling, the candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria. Candidates failing to meet the eligibility criteria may lose their candidature from NEET counseling. Hence, they will not be able to participate in the counseling procedure. Below we have shared the eligibility criteria for Odisha NEET counseling 2018-
- Candidates must have attained an age of 17 years on and before 31st December 2017.
- Candidates must be a permanent resident of Odisha.
- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 exam or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as a subject from a recognized Board.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum percentage of marks in all the subjects taken together. Below is the minimum percentage of marks required by the candidates falling under different categories-
|Physical Disability – UR||54%|
|SC-PWD, ST-PWD, OBC-PWD||40%|
- Lastly, candidates whose name will be there in NEET 2018 merit list will be eligible for NEET counseling.
Registration for Odisha NEET UG Counseling 2018
The registration for NEET Odisha state counseling will be done only through the online mode. Below we have shared all the mandatory steps to fill the online application form for NEET state quota counseling 2018-
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the OJEE, Odisha (mentioned above).
- They have to click on the link provided for registration.
- Now candidates have to create their own Username and password.
- After filling online application candidates have to take a printout of the registration slip.
Candidates can also register through the link provided below-
Click here to register for Odisha NEET Counselling 2018 State Quota (link will be available soon)
- Eligible candidates have to pay an amount of Rs.1000/- as the counseling fee.
- Fees can be paid through online mode (debit card/ credit card/ net banking) or through Demand Draft.
Odisha NEET UG counseling will include following steps-
- Registration for NEET counseling
Registration is the first and the most important step in a counseling process. Candidates have to register themselves through the online mode to be eligible for counseling. Only registered candidates will be eligible for further counseling procedure.
- Notification for document verification- Eligible candidates will be notified to attend the document verification procedure at the designated Nodal Centre. These candidates now have to make payment of counseling fee.
- Verification of Documents at the Nodal office – After the payment of the counseling fee, candidates have to visit the Nodal Centre along with all the required documents and the payment slip. Documents will be verified by the counseling officials. After the verification, a set of self-attested copy of documents will be submitted to the center and originals will be returned to the candidates.
- Choice Filling and Locking- After verifying the documents, candidates have to fill and lock choice for their preferred college. Candidates must make sure that they fill choices in order of their preference.
- Allocation of seats- Now on the basis of choices and preferences filled, seats will be allotted to the candidates.
- Reporting to the allotted college- Candidates have to report to the allotted college to confirm seat and admission.
- 2nd Round of counseling- Candidates who have not been allotted any seat in the first round or who want to upgrade in vacant seats arises due to non-reporting can apply for the 2nd round of counseling. For this candidates have to fill fresh choice and on the basis of that seats will be allotted to them.
Following documents are required to be verified at Nodal Center-
- NEET 2018 rank card
- OJEE registration page
- 10th (High school) mark sheet and certificate
- 10+2 (12th) mark sheet and certificate
- School leaving certificate
- Nativity/Resident certificate of Odisha
- SC/ST certificate
- Green card issued by Family Welfare Department, Government of Odisha only.
- Medical certificate (for Physically Challenged candidates)
- Ex-Serviceman Certificate issued by Rajya Sainik Board, Bhubaneswar
- Payment receipt of counseling fee
For NRI candidates-
- Valid passport
- Valid visa
- Work order
- Sponsorship letter mentioning residential address outside India
- 10th Board mark sheet and certificate
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
Below, we have shared the reservation application for the candidates of Odisha as per the rules and policies of the State Government for MBBS/BDS seats-
|Schedule Cast (SC)||8%|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||12%|
|Physically Challenged (PC)||3%|
|Green Card Holders (GC)||5%|
*Candidates can claim the reservation seat only if they possess a relevant certificate.
Keep visiting our page for more updates related to Odisha NEET 2018 state quota counseling.