Odisha NEET Counselling 2018: Odisha NEET State Quota counseling for the year 2018 has started on 20th June 2018. Candidates have to register through the official website of the counseling authority. The centralized state counseling for NEET 2018 in the state of Odisha will be conducted by Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) Board. Candidates will get admission into MBBS and BDS courses in various medical and dental colleges of the state through the Odisha NEET 2018 state counseling.
Table of Contents
- 1 OJEE Odisha NEET Counselling 2018
- 1.1 Overview- Odisha NEET Counselling 2018 State Quota
- 1.2 Odisha NEET State Quota Counseling Schedule 2018
- 1.3 Eligibility
- 1.4 Registration for Odisha NEET UG Counseling 2018
- 1.5 Application fee
- 1.6 Counseling Procedure
- 1.7 Documents Required
- 1.8 For NRI candidates-
- 1.9 Reservation Criteria
OJEE Odisha NEET Counselling 2018
In this article, we have shared all the necessary details related to Odisha NEET state quota counseling 2018.
Overview- Odisha NEET Counselling 2018 State Quota
|Exam Name||NEET UG 2018|
|Article Category||Odisha NEET Counselling 2018|
|Exam conducting Authority||CBSE|
|State Quota Counseling Authority||OJEE, Odisha|
|Date of NEET result||4th June 2018|
|Commencement of State Quota Counseling||20th June 2018|
|Registration mode for counseling||Online|
|Website of OJEE||www.odishajee.com|
Also Check: OJEE Odisha NEET State Merit List 2018
Odisha NEET State Quota Counseling Schedule 2018
|Events||Dates & Timing|
|Registration and online application||20-6-2018 12.00 NOON to 25-6-2018 11.59 PM|
|Publication of list of registered candidates||26-06-2018|
|Document Verification at Nodal Centres||26-6-2018 to 29-6-2018 (10.00 AM to 5.00 PM)|
|Medical Board for Physically challenged||26.06.2018 & 27.06.2018|
|Publication of State Merit list||30.06.2018|
|Choice Filling and Locking||01-7-2018 10.00 AM to 02-7-2018 11.59 PM|
|1st Round Result publication and Downloading provisional allotment letter||04-07-2018|
|Provisional Admission (1st Round) at OJEE CELL, Gandmunda, Bhubaneswar.||5-7-2018 to 9-7-2018 (10.00 AM to 05.00 PM)|
|Joining In Institutes||By 12.07.2018 5.00 PM|
|Vacant Seat display (including returned All India quota seats)||24-07-2018|
|Choice filling and Choice locking||24-7-2018 10.00 AM to 25-7-2018 11.59 PM|
|2nd Round allotment and downloading provisional allotment cum admission letter||26-07-2018|
|2nd Round Provisional admission at OJEE CELL, Gandmunda, Bhubaneswar||27-7-2018 to 30-7-2018 (10.00 AM to 05.00 PM)|
|Withdrawal (resignation) from admission (no resignation is allowed after this date)||31.07.2018 (10.00 AM to 05.00 PM)|
|A Spot Counselling may be done if vacancy arises due to any reason after 2nd round counseling and admission. Venue OJEE Cell, Gandamunda, Bhubaneswar||04.08.2018 to 8.8.2018 (10.00 AM to 5.00 PM)|
|Last date of Joining in institutions||12.08.2018|
|Transfer of vacant seats to private Medical College for final mop up admission||13.08.2018 after 5.00 PM|
|Last date of joining in private institutions||18.08.2018|
|Commencement of session||1.8.2018|
Before filling the application form for NEET counseling, the candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria. Candidates failing to meet the eligibility criteria may lose their candidature from NEET counseling. Hence, they will not be able to participate in the counseling procedure. Below we have shared the eligibility criteria for Odisha NEET counseling 2018-
- Candidates must have attained an age of 17 years on and before 31st December 2018.
- Candidates must be a permanent resident of Odisha.
- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 exam or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as a subject from a recognized Board.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum percentage of marks in all the subjects taken together. Below is the minimum percentage of marks required by the candidates falling under different categories-
|Physical Disability – UR||54%|
|SC-PWD, ST-PWD, OBC-PWD||40%|
- Lastly, candidates whose name will be there in NEET 2018 merit list will be eligible for NEET counseling.
Registration for Odisha NEET UG Counseling 2018
The registration for NEET Odisha state counseling will be done only through the online mode. Below we have shared all the mandatory steps to fill the online application form for NEET state quota counseling 2018-
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the OJEE, Odisha (mentioned above).
- They have to click on the link provided for registration.
- Now candidates have to create their own Username and password.
- After filling online application candidates have to take a printout of the registration slip.
- Eligible candidates have to pay an amount of Rs.1000/- as the counseling fee.
- Fees can be paid through online mode (debit card/ credit card/ net banking) or through Demand Draft.
Odisha NEET UG counseling will include following steps-
- Registration for NEET counseling
Registration is the first and the most important step in a counseling process. Candidates have to register themselves through the online mode to be eligible for counseling. Only registered candidates will be eligible for further counseling procedure.
- Notification for document verification- Eligible candidates will be notified to attend the document verification procedure at the designated Nodal Centre. These candidates now have to make payment of counseling fee.
- Verification of Documents at the Nodal office – After the payment of the counseling fee, candidates have to visit the Nodal Centre along with all the required documents and the payment slip. Documents will be verified by the counseling officials. After the verification, a set of self-attested copy of documents will be submitted to the center and originals will be returned to the candidates.
- Choice Filling and Locking- After verifying the documents, candidates have to fill and lock choice for their preferred college. Candidates must make sure that they fill choices in order of their preference.
- Allocation of seats- Now on the basis of choices and preferences filled, seats will be allotted to the candidates.
- Reporting to the allotted college- Candidates have to report to the allotted college to confirm seat and admission.
- 2nd Round of counseling- Candidates who have not been allotted any seat in the first round or who want to upgrade in vacant seats arises due to non-reporting can apply for the 2nd round of counseling. For this candidates have to fill fresh choice and on the basis of that seats will be allotted to them.
Following documents are required to be verified at Nodal Center-
- NEET 2018 rank card
- OJEE registration page
- 10th (High school) mark sheet and certificate
- 10+2 (12th) mark sheet and certificate
- School leaving certificate
- Nativity/Resident certificate of Odisha
- SC/ST certificate
- Green card issued by Family Welfare Department, Government of Odisha only.
- Medical certificate (for Physically Challenged candidates)
- Ex-Serviceman Certificate issued by Rajya Sainik Board, Bhubaneswar
- Payment receipt of counseling fee
For NRI candidates-
- Valid passport
- Valid visa
- Work order
- Sponsorship letter mentioning residential address outside India
- 10th Board mark sheet and certificate
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
Below, we have shared the reservation application for the candidates of Odisha as per the rules and policies of the State Government for MBBS/BDS seats-
|Schedule Cast (SC)||8%|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||12%|
|Physically Challenged (PC)||3%|
|Green Card Holders (GC)||5%|
*Candidates can claim the reservation seat only if they possess a relevant certificate.
Keep visiting our page for more updates related to Odisha NEET 2018 state quota counseling.