NEET Reservation: NEET 2018 Reservation for State/Defence Quota and Other Reserved Categories: NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) is a medical entrance test in which is held across the country for MBBS and BDS courses. There are various categories in which reservation is provided by NEET to students to determine their minimum percentile. The major categories in which the reservation are given are All India Quota, state quota and Managemen quota.
Let’s take a brief look at these NEET Reservation policies/schemes to get a more detailed explanation
NEET State Quota Reservation
It is applicable to 85 candidates of a particular state in which separate counselling is conducted in every single state. This year a centralized counselling will be given at state level and to avoid any money being deposited before admission in any government or private college in any of the states. The seats of the respective states will be filled by state-level counselling and to select the candidates for counselling merit list will be kept in consideration.
Students are required to fill in their state code in full details in the NEET application form, so that they can be enrolled into home state quota domicile is also to be uploaded at the time of NEET form submission.
The rules for the admission of state quota will be under state legislation rules guidelines. State authorities will also provide the eligibility and policies of the reservation it can also be checked from their official website each state will have a unique method.
Private medical colleges, universities, and institutions will have the following policies:
- If a candidate wishes that their admission is to be done in an MBBS/BDS the procedure defined by the state or UT will be as followed.
- The admission of armed forces medical college (AFMC) which is situated in Pune will have the rules and guidelines provided by the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defense and Government of India.
IF the candidate is Physically Handicapped he/she will be given a special reservation which will be called reservation for Handicapped or physically challenged people. Also, check out NEET 2018 Counselling Procedures
NEET Reservation for Physically Handicapped
The number of seats provided to handicapped candidates is 3% seats at an All India level. Below you will find the reservation of seats for this category
- Candidates who are suffering from any locomotor disability and are having percentage disability falling between 50-70 are provided with seat allowed under this scheme.
- If for any reason the seats allotted to locomotor disability candidates are left unoccupied they will be transferred to other candidates who are suffering from 40% -50% disability
- The Government of India issues a certificate of disability of a person indicating the level of disability he/she is suffering from and which has to produce before the assessment board to ensure the credibility of the candidate.
The Centers for the assessment board given by NEET 2018 reservation norms are as follows:
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital- New Delhi
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation- Mumbai
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research- Kolkata
- Madras Medical College- Chennai
In state, the reservation will be provided according to the state Government Policies of Reservation
Recommended For you: NEET State Wise Counselling Registration State Merit List Seat Allotment
AFMC Reservation NEET
The AFMC also issues reservation for its candidates which will be considered on NEET 2018 score it will benefit only those candidates who have filled AFMC application form separately. It is available to everyone on the official website of AFMC and has to be filled in online mode only. The complete criteria and eligibility of the candidates who wish to get admission can be obtained and checked from their official website which gives complete criteria defined by AFMC, Pune as their requirements are different in some cases.
Below are given some of the important points associated with AFMC reservation:
- Firstly, students must keep in mind that who successfully clear the NEET and are trying to get admission in AFMC must also need to clear the screening test held at AFMC.
- Dates of the screening test will fall in the mid of July 2018
- Lists of the screening will be published in 2 separate stages among which the first consist the names of the candidates who have been shortlisted among all for counselling and the second list will comprise of the candidates whose names have been put in waiting.
- The candidates of the first list are to be provided with counselling and seat allotments first after which the candidates of list second will be invited for their assessment.
- According to AFMC rules they are providing 105 seats to male’s candidates and 25 seats to female candidates.
- Reserved seats for SC/ST candidates are 10 in number out from the specially provided seats. For PH category AFMC has not given any reservation.
- The candidates which are from Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Kashmir are also eligible for applying for admission in AFMC Pune.
NEET All India Quota Reservation 2018
This is the most popular Quota in which students are allowed to take admission into their preferred college and it is not necessary for them to be from the same state as the college is. In Deemed Universities this Quota is managed through NEET 2018 counselling which is conducted by (DGHS). Students who will be selected by this quota will be invited through all India merit list.
Reservation according to seats in this quota is as follows: –
|OBC – NCL||27|
When the Results of NEET have been declared, the merit list for All India Quota will be provided. All the Central, State and Private colleges/universities are participating in All India Quota counselling in which 15% of the seat allotment will be done by 2 rounds of Centralized counselling which will be conducted by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee). The candidates must register themselves on the official website of MCC. Candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana can also enroll themselves in AIQ and they no longer have to submit their self-declaration form.
CONCLUSION: NEET reservation is mainly divided among 3 major parts as follows
- AIQ (All India Quota)
- State Quota
- Management Quota
Hope you got the answers you come searching for; in case we missed something please leave your suggestion. In addition, you can ask your question below and our team will answer back. To ask go below to comment form.
You can use our forum to ask our community, which will help other preparing for NEET 2018.
All the Best!