NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test) 2018 is going to be held in the month of May 2018. NEET 2018 online application forms are currently available on the official website of NEET. Interested candidates can apply before 9th March 2018 because after the last date no candidate will be able to fill the form. Applicants will be given an opportunity to make the correction in selective particulars in the filled application form.
It will be an ‘ONE TIME CORRECTION’ facility that will start from 12th to 16th March 2018. Applicants who have filled wrong information in the online application form will be given an opportunity to make the correction in the same through the online ‘One Time Correction’ window. Candidates need to be more careful while making the correction in the filled in application form as the correction window can be opened only once.
All the important details related to NEET 2018 application form correction are provided in this article.
Table of Contents
OVERVIEW OF NEET 2018 EXAM
|Exam||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Conducting Authority||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Exam type||National level entrance exam|
|Date of exam||6th May 2018|
|Courses offered||MBBS and BDS|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Last date of online application||9th March 2018|
|‘ONE TIME CORRECTION’ in application form from||12th March 2018 to 16th March 2018|
|Availability of admit card||2nd week of April 2018|
|Date of exam||6th May 2018 (Sunday)|
|Declaration of result||5th June 2018|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Exam location||Various cities of India|
Applicants will be given an opportunity to make the correction in the application form in some of the particulars and also in the scanned image uploaded by the candidates. Candidates are advised to rectify the mistakes in the application form within the given time frame.
NEET 2018 CORRECTION DETAILS
From 12th March to 16th March 2018 applicants will be able to make the correction in the filled-in application form through the website of NEET. No correction will be allowed thereafter. This is the reason applicants need to be more careful while making the correction in the form. They can make the correction in certain particulars as it may affect the merit of the candidates. Following are the particulars which can be edited/ corrected-
- Candidates name
- Identification Identity
- Date of birth
- Disability status
- Medium of question paper
- State code of eligibility
- Parents name
Candidates will be able to correct only aforementioned particulars. Other than this no data can be changed.
NEET Application Form Correction
WHO CAN MAKE CORRECTION- Candidates who have filled their application form with reference to the details in Aadhaar card number, Passport number, ration card or bank account number can make changes in the following particulars- Identification identity, gender and date of birth.
The medium of the exam, state code of eligibility, category, and disability status are the particulars which can be corrected by all candidates.
Examination centre field can be changed only by the candidates belonging to the state of Tripura. No other candidates are allowed to make changes in the examination centres once they have submitted the application form.
Fields like nationality and state eligibility of quota cannot be changed by any of the candidates.
NEET APPLICATION FORM CORRECTION IN SCANNED IMAGES
Apart from making correction in the particulars mentioned above, candidates can also make correction in the scanned images of their photograph, signature and finger impression (if required). Candidates will be intimated by CBSE through an email or SMS in case the images uploaded in the application form requires any sort of correction.
If any candidate receives any e-mail or SMS from CBSE regarding the correction they are required to make correction in the images by uploading new images. Candidates must re-upload all the required images within 3 days of intimation as thereafter they will not be allowed to do so.
Applicants can also submit grievance through the grievance portal provided by CBSE NEET at their official website. Candidates can avail the service by logging in with their registration number and password.
HOW TO MAKE CORRECTION IN NEET 2018 APPLICATION FORM
- Visit the official website of CBSE NEET (mentioned above) or click on the link provided below.
- Click on the ‘Candidate login’ link.
- Now enter your registration number and password to login.
- Click on the link provided for making correction.
- Now make corrections in the required fields.
- Check the information twice before final submission.
- Candidates must edit the information carefully as after that they will not be given any other chance for correction.
- Candidates are advised to take print out of the edited application form and correction slip for future references.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING CORRECTION IN NEET APPLICATION FORM
- Candidates can make corrections in the NEET application form through online mode only.
- Candidates can make correction in the NEET application form within the given time frame i.e. from 12th March to 16th March 2018.
- As it will be a ‘one-time correction’ window, no candidate will be allowed to make correction again once they have made correction.
- Candidates will be informed through Email or SMS in order to make correction in the form. Therefore candidates are advised to access their emails on regular basis.
- Scanned images must be re-uploaded within three days of intimation as after that no upload will be permitted.
- Candidates are advised to retain the registration number and password as it is required to login the correction window. In case any candidate forgets the registration number they can apply for new registration number by clicking on the forget registration and password link at the login page and by filling all the required details.
- Candidates need to be very cautious while making corrections in the application form as they will get the chance for making correction only once.
- Only aforementioned particulars can be changed. Particulars other than the specified fields cannot be changed.
- Candidates must take the print out of the corrected/edited application form along with correction slip and must retain the same for future references.
- In case of any problem, the applicant can submit their grievance through the link provided on the official website of NEET.
Hope you have got your answer for NEET Application Form Correction, in case you have more doubts you are welcome to ask in our forum page where we slove our user problem. Keep visiting our page for more information related to NEET 2018.