Made an error in your application form? In case you did, no need to worry as you are at the right place to know about the NEET Application Form Correction Window.
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) 2021 is going to be held on the 1st of August 2021, as per the announcements by the NTA. The process of NEET 2021 Online Application Form filling will start soon now. So, those aspirants who will apply for the exam should definitely give this article a read to know about the NEET correction window. All the important details related to NEET 2021 application form correction are provided in this article.
The exam conducting Agency for NEET, NTA is responsible for the application form filling and correction window opening. After the students fill up the application forms, the agency will open a correction window for the students who have made any mistake in their application during the form filling process. So, this window will unquestionably be beneficial to many students.
The students who are worried about the incorrect details they entered in the application form should definitely check out this article. Through this article, we will brief the students on the application correction window of NEET. You will get answers about What particulars can a student edit? How to edit your application? and more. Therefore, it is highly advised that you read this article till the end to get important information related to all your questions.
Overview of NEET UG 2021 Exam
|Exam||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam type||National level entrance exam|
|Date of exam||1 Aug 2021|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Online Correction Window||to be announced|
|Availability of admit card||Notified Soon|
|Declaration of result||Notified later|
|Exam location||Various cities of India|
As you know by now that an application correction window exists to edit your application form details. You should also know about how this window functions and how this process works?
NEET UG 2021 Correction Window
NTA opens the application correction window as soon as the NEET Online Application process is over. After that, the aspirants of NEET given a chance to correct the form again through the official website of NTA NEET. The Agency will prescribe a time frame to all the interested candidates, within which, they will be allowed to make corrections. This time frame is usually for a span of 15 days, within which the student needs to make changes to their application.
It is a ‘ONE TIME CORRECTION’ facility. So, the Applicants who have filled in the wrong information in the online application form can rectify the mistakes. Changes in the application form will be available to edit within the given time frame through the online ‘One Time Correction’ window. Thus, Candidates need to be more careful while correcting their application form as the correction window can be opened only once. Also, the agency does not permit any further corrections other than in the application correction window.
In addition to this, there are only some selective particulars for which the correction is allowed such as exam centres choice, images etc. These corrections will be completed with the payment of a correction fee, which varies with the type of particulars you want to edit. We will tell you more about it in the subsequent sections.
What particulars are editable?
As the aspirants are well aware now that no correction is allowed thereafter. This is the reason applicants need to be more careful while correcting the form. They can correct certain particulars as it may affect the merit of the candidates. Following are the particulars which students may edit:
Date of birth, Place of Birth
State code of eligibility
15% All India Quota Eligibility
Medium of question paper
|Educational Details||Name and address of School/ University/ Institute/ College|
Name of Board
Qualification Code (class XII)
Roll Number (class XII)
Address (Corresspondance and Permanent)
Candidates will be able to correct only the aforementioned particulars. Other than this no data will be subject to change.
Who Can Make Corrections?
The next question that pops up is, who all can actually correct their application?
The Candidates who have filled their application form with reference to the details in the Aadhaar card number, Passport number, ration card or bank account number can make changes in the following particulars- Identification identity, gender and date of birth.
The medium of the exam, state code of eligibility, category, and disability status are the particulars that can be corrected by all candidates. However, the candidates cannot change fields like nationality and state eligibility for quota, Qualification Codes, etc.
Examination centre field can be changed only by the candidates belonging to some specific states. No other candidates are allowed to make changes in the examination centres once they have submitted the application form.
Important dates for NEET Application Form Correction
Below listed are expected dates which may vary. We will update the schedule as soon as the official notification is released by the authority.
|Application starts||Jun-Jul 2021|
|Last day to apply||to be announced|
|Correction window opens||–|
|Last day to edit application||–|
|Last day to pay the correction fee||–|
|Exam||1 Aug 2021 (announced)|
Recommended- NEET Admission Process 2021
How to Make correction in NEET 2021 application form?
To make corrections in your already filled up application, students can refer to the steps enlisted below:
- Visit the official website of NTA NEET (mentioned above) or click on the link provided below.
- Click on the ‘Candidate login’ link.
- Now enter your registration number and password to login.
- Click on the link provided for making the correction.
- Now make corrections in the required fields.
- Check the information twice before final submission.
- Candidates must edit the information carefully as after that they will not be given any other chance for correction.
- Candidates are advised to take print out of the edited application form and correction slip for future references.
NEET Application Form 2021-Correction in Scanned Image
Apart from making correction in the particulars mentioned above, candidates can also make correction in the scanned images of their photograph, signature and finger impression (if required). Candidates will be intimated by NTA through an email or SMS in case the images uploaded in the application form requires any sort of correction.
If any candidate receives any e-mail or SMS from NTA regarding the correction they are required to make correction in the images by uploading new images. Candidates must re-upload all the required images within 3 days of intimation as thereafter they will not be allowed to do so.
To correct images in your application, candidates can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of NTA @nta.nic.in.
- Login with your ID and Password.
- You will see a dashboard on the left of your screen.
- Click on the option of ‘Correction in documents’.
- You will now be edit and upload a newly scanned image of the photo, sign, thumb impression, certificate and your postcard photo.
- You will receive an OTP on your number.
- Enter the OTP.
- Submit all your corrections and secure a hard copy of the correction slip.
Students must keep the Correction Slip safe, as it may be used for any future references.
Important instruction regarding correction in NEET application form 2021
- Candidates can make corrections in the NEET application form through online mode only.
- Candidates can make the correction in the NEET application form within the time frame prescribed by the authority.
- As it will be a ‘one-time correction’ window, no candidate will be allowed to make correction again once they have made the correction. So, you need to be very cautious while making corrections in the application form.
- NTA will inform the students through Email or SMS in order to make correction in the form. Therefore, candidates must access their emails on regular basis.
- Scanned images must be re-uploaded within three days of correction intimation as after that no upload will be permitted.
- Candidates must retain the registration number and password as it is essential to log in to the correction window. (In case any candidate forgets the registration number, they can apply for a new registration number with the forget registration and password link. This link is available on the login page).
- Only the particulars mentioned in the article are editable. Particulars other than these fields will not be for editing.
- Candidates must take the print out of the edited application form along with the correction slip and must preserve the same for future references.
In case of any problem, the applicant can submit their grievance through the link provided on the official website of NEET. Applicants can submit grievance through this grievance portal. Candidates can avail themselves of the service by logging in with their registration number and password.
Below is the direct link to make corrections in your NEET 2021 Application Form.
The window will be open as soon as the application submission is complete. In any case, students will receive notification as soon as the process starts.
The errors in your application will be determined by the authority. Accordingly, you will receive a notification to edit your application. However, this may also be done as per the changes any student needs.
Yes, students will be able to change their exam centres. However, this may change as per the policies of the NTA. Therefore, it is advised that you fill the form correctly at once.
No. The changes you make during the Application Form Correction Window are final. No further changes are applicable after that.
Yes. For this process, NTA also charges a fee. However, this fee is applicable to only some fields. All the other fields are ready to correction without any fee.
Hope you have got your answer for NEET Application Form Correction, in case you have more doubts you can comment in the comment box, where we solve the problem of our readers. Keep visiting our page for more information related to NEET 2021.