Kerala NEET State Counselling 2021: Kerala NEET 2021 state counselling for filling 85% state quota seats will be conducted as soon as the results are out. The Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE) is the authority responsible for organizing centralized counselling for NEET-UG candidates. This centralized process of Counselling is known as CAP.
As we know that 15% of NEET All India Quota seats are filled through centralized counselling conducted by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) whereas, admission of the candidates into various medical and dental colleges under 85% of state quota seats is done through state counselling which is conducted by an authority notified by the state government.
In this article, we are going to discuss Counselling for the state of Kerala. Readers will get all the relevant information about Kerala NEET 2021 State Quota counselling process. Also, candidates who will qualify for the NEET Exam can check the counselling schedule here. We will give some insights on the Counselling Eligibility as well. So, all the readers of this post are advised to read this article till the end and get some exclusive information on the Kerala NEET Counselling.
Kerala NEET State Counselling 2021- Overview
|Exam Name||NEET UG 2021|
|Article Category||State Quota Counselling|
|Exam conducting Authority||NTA|
|State Quota Counseling Authority||Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala|
|Date of NEET result||To be Announced|
|Commencement of State Quota Counseling||–|
|Mode of registration||Online|
Kerala NEET State Quota Counselling 2021
The State of Kerala organizes a centralized state counselling for the admission of the candidates into various University and Colleges under the state. The Counselling Process for offering state quota seats of MBBS/ BDS/ AYUSH and other medical-related course programs is conducted for the students of the state who qualify NEET.
The students of the state who wants to secure an admission also require to register under the KEAM. KEAM is an examination of the state for admission into courses like Homeopathy, Unani, Agriculture, Siddhi, Engineering, etc.
There is a Centralized Allotment Process (CAP), for seats under the state. With a Single Window System (SWS) the students are provided admission into various medical courses under the state.
Kerala KEAM NEET Counselling- Important Dates
Kerala NEET State Quota Counselling 2021 schedule is given in the table below. This is the expected schedule for the State Counselling as the official schedule is not out yet. As soon as the Official schedule for counselling is out, we will update the same here.
|The release of Online application||Aug 2021|
|Last date of online application||–|
|Submission of NEET score||Aug 2021 (end)|
|Publication of Merit list||Sep 2021|
|CAP procedure / Choice filling starts||–|
|Allotment of seat Results (Round 1)||Sep 2021|
|Fee Payment for Seat Acceptance||–|
|Online Option Confirmation (Round 2)||Sep 2021|
|Allotment of seats Results (Round 2)||–|
|Fee Payment for Seat Acceptance||Oct 2021|
|Reporting to College||Oct 2021|
Registration for Kerala NEET Counselling
Registration for counselling is an essential step in the counselling process. All the students who are willing to sit for the counselling have to register by filling up the KEAM Application Form. The registration will be done only through the online mode. Candidates can follow the given steps to register for NEET state quota counselling-
- Visit the official website of CEE, Kerala.
- Click on the ‘KEAM 2021-New Application’ link
- Now candidates have to fill in all the required details, upload photograph etc.
- After final submission candidates have to take a printout of the application form.
- And lastly, candidates have to send all the required documents along with the printed application form to CEE, Kerala within the given time frame.
Registration Fee for Counselling
To register for counselling, students need to pay a registration fee amount. This fee amount is non-refundable and differs for each category. The fee can be paid through the e-challan/ internet banking/ credit card/debit card. It is given in the table below.
|For General and OBC candidates||Rs.800/-|
|For SC candidates||Rs.400/-|
It is to be noted that the ST candidates are exempted from the registration fee.
Eligibility Criteria for Kerala NEET State Counselling
There is a set of criteria to apply for the counselling process. The candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria before applying for counselling. Candidates failing to meet the eligibility criteria may lose their candidature from NEET counselling. Eligibility for NEET 2021 is as follows-
|Nativity||The candidate must meet all the nativity conditions required for NEET state counselling. Details about nativity are provided in the information bulletin of KEAM 2021 at the official portal of CEE, Kerala.|
|Age||The minimum age of the candidate must be 17 years on and before 31st December 2021.|
|Qualification||-He/ She must have qualified 10+2/ HSC with a minimum of 50% in biology/ biotechnology separately and at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology together from a recognized Board.|
-The candidate applying is essential to have qualified NEET 2021.
Reservation Criteria for Kerala State Counselling
The criteria of the reservation are for the seats under the course program across all the caste categories in the state. The reservation of seats will be available for all the courses under KEAM. We are listing below the percentage reservation for each category.
|State Merit (SM)||60%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||8%|
|Latin Catholic and Anglo Indian (LA)||3%|
|Other Backward Hindu (BH)||3%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||2%|
|Vishwakarma and related communities (VK)||2%|
|Dheevara and related communities (DV)||2%|
|Kusavan and related communities (KN)||1%|
|Other Backward Christian (BX)||1%|
|SC and ST||–|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||–|
KEAM Kerala NEET Counseling Procedure
Kerala NEET 2021 state quota counseling procedure will include following stages-
- Registration of a Candidate
Interested candidates have to register themselves for NEET state counselling by filling KEAM (Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical) online application form through CEE, Kerala portal. After the payment of the fee and successful submission of online registration, form candidates will be eligible to proceed further.
- Submission of NEET Score
Candidates who have registered for KEAM 2021 have to submit their NEET score for admission to the medical and dental colleges of Kerala. Based on the score of the candidates in the NEET exam rank list will be prepared. Candidates are advised to take a printout of the submission report of the NEET score for future reference.
- Publication of Rank list
CEE, Kerala will publish a rank list of the candidates on its website prepared on the basis of NEET score. Rank List will be prepared based on the NEET Scores of the students.
- Centralized Allotment Process (CAP)
Candidates whose names will appear in the rank list will be eligible for participating in the seat allotment procedure which is known as the Centralized Allotment Process (CAP). Candidates have to apply through online mode and have to fill choice for their preferred course and college.
- Seat Allotment
Finally, seats will be allotted to the candidates based on their course/ college preference, reservation criteria and ranks.
Candidates have to report to the allotted colleges on the specified date and time to confirm the seat. Admission and seat of the candidate will be confirmed only after the payment of the course fee.
Documents Required for Counselling
Following documents are required at the time of counseling-
- 10th Class mark sheet and passing certificate
- 10+2 mark sheet and passing certificate
- Certificate of Graduation Degree
- NEET 2021 admit card
- NEET 2021 rank card.
- Certification as Date of Birth Proof
- Transfer Certificate
- Allotment Letter
- Domicile (if applicable)
- Fee receipt
- Migration certificate
- Category Certification
- Printout of the filled-in online registration form.
Important Points Related to Kerala NEET State Quota Counselling 2021
- Kerala NEET State Quota Counselling 2021 will be conducted in an online mode and will start as per the schedule of the state counselling authority.
- Before filling the online registration form., candidates must read all the instructions carefully.
- Candidates have to carry all the original documents and a set of self-attested copy of all the documents for verification.
- Candidates must fulfill nativity conditions and qualifying criteria to be eligible for counseling.
- All the students are advised to retain a printed copy of registration form for future use.
- Seats are allotted to the candidates on the basis of the various factors such as NEET score, eligibility, seats available in the colleges etc.
- Candidates are advised to stay in touch with CEE website to get regular updates about Kerala NEET MBBS/BDS counseling.
Check Out: Kerala Govt Medical Colleges Fee Structure
Candidates have to send printed application form along with all the necessary documents like nativity proof to the address provided below. In case of any query or difficulty regarding application form, candidates can also contact the counseling authority on the address given below-
The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations,
5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar,
Phone No- 0471-2332120, 2338487
Fax No- 0471-2337288
Some Important Key Points for Admission
- 50% of the total seats for the MBBS course will be allotted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations. These seats will be among the candidates who have qualified for admission to MBBS courses in the NEET UG 2021 in accordance with the State Merit List and reservation principles followed by the government from time to time.
- Out of the remaining 50% seats, 35% of the total seats will be allotted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE) from the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) Rank List of 2021 based on merit and eligibility conditions.
- Remaining 15% of the total seats will be allotted from the Non-Resident Indian (NRI) category by the Commissioner for Entrance Examination on the basis of NEET Rank List 2021 based on merit and eligibility conditions as per the conditions stipulated and further orders in this regard.
- The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations shall furnish the list of the student to be admitted in the college by the Management concerned that shall further, admit the students specified in the list.
- The student in the list will be given specified instructions as to the date and time of presentation before the college for admission, the amount of fees to be paid, the amount of refundable deposit, if any, to be remitted and the records to be submitted at the time of admission. The Management concerned shall admit the students who have complied with the instruction as per the CEE.
The counselling will commence as per the schedule released by the authority.
The state Counselling offers about 3182 seats for MBBS aspirants.
The BDS seats offered are 2077, under various government/ private university and colleges under the state.
The Government medical colleges in the state offer more than 1100 medical seats.
The process of Counselling will be conducted in three rounds including the mop up round.
Yes. To sit for the counselling, it is essential to fill up the application of KEAM, Kerala.