Karnataka NEET State Quota Counselling 2020: Karnataka NEET 2020 state counselling registration process for 85% state quota seats has started from 7th Nov 2020. Through NEET state counselling seats will be allotted to the candidates into various medical and dental colleges in the state. Candidates will be able to get admission into MBBS and BDS course in various private, government and deemed universities.
NEET AIQ counselling will be conducted by Medical Counseling Committee and state counseling will be conducted by the authorities managed by the state government. Karnataka Education Authority (KEA), Bangalore is the authority notified by Government of Karnataka for conducting centralized online counselling in Karnataka for the allotment of the seats for admission in medical and dental colleges of the state.
Table of Contents
- 1 Karnataka NEET State Quota Counselling 2020
- 1.1 Karnataka NEET State Counselling 2020 Overview
- 1.2 Important Dates of Karnataka NEET Counselling
- 1.3 Registration for Counseling
- 1.4 Registration Fee (Acc. to previous year)-
- 1.5 Karnataka NEET State Quota Counselling 2020 Procedure
- 1.6 Documents Required
- 1.7 Important Points related to Karnataka NEET 2020counseling
- 1.8 Contact Details
Karnataka NEET State Quota Counselling 2020
In this article, we have shared all the important information about the counseling dates, registration, eligibility, procedure etc of the Karnataka NEET State Quota Counselling 2020.
Karnataka NEET State Counselling 2020 Overview
|Exam Name||NEET UG 2020|
|Article Category||Karnataka NEET State Quota Counselling 2020|
|Exam conducting Authority||CBSE|
|State Quota Counseling Authority||KEA, Karnataka|
|Date of NEET result||16th October 2020|
|Status of State Quota Counseling||Started|
|Counselling and registration mode||Online|
Important Dates of Karnataka NEET Counselling
NEET State Quota counseling schedule is given in the table below-
|Online Registration||7th to 12th Nov 2020|
|Uploading of Documents||13th November 2020|
|Displaying Seat Matrix & Fee Details||18th Nov 2020|
|Option Entry by Eligible Applicants||19th to 21st Nov (till 4 pm)|
|Verified Final Merit List will be Announced on||20th Nov 2020|
|Mock Seat Allotment Result Declaration||22nd November 2020|
|Provision to Edit Option Entry by the Eligible Applicants||22nd (11 am) – 23rd (1 pm) Nov 2020|
|1st Round Seat Allotment Result Publication||23rd Nov 2020|
|Exercising of Choices||24th (11 am) to 25th Nov 2020 (1 pm)|
|Payment of fee for Choice 1 and Choice 2 whereas downloading admission order for Choice 1 candidates only||24th (11 am) to 26th Nov 2020 (1 pm)|
|Original Document Submission||24th (11 am) – 26th Nov 2020 (1 pm)|
|Reporting Final Date||27th November 2020 (before 4 pm)|
|Reporting of Applicants at Allocated Insitute||November 2020|
Registration for Counseling
Registration for counseling will be done only through the online mode. Candidates can follow the given steps to register for Karnataka NEET State Quota Counselling-
- Candidates have to visit the official website of KEA, Karnataka i.e. kea.kar.nic.in.
- Click on “New User? Click here to register” option, provide all the details asked and submit.
- Login with ID and password created by the candidates
- Now fill all the required information and click on “save and Next” button
- Check all the entries carefully and click on submit button.
Once candidates have filled all the entries they will receive an ID and password which will be used for the further procedure.
- Login with ID and password
- Upload scanned copy of photograph, signature, thumb impression and parent signature in the prescribed format.
- Now take a printout of the bank challan and make payment of counseling fee at the respective bank.
- After successful registration, candidates have to take a printout of the registration form and obtain seal and signature of the principal of the school from where they have passed their 10+2.
Registration Fee (Acc. to previous year)-
- For General and OBC candidates- Rs.1000/-
- For SC/ST candidates- Rs.500/-
- NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals candidates)- Rs. 2000/-
Karnataka NEET State Quota Counselling 2020 Procedure
Karnataka NEET 2020 state quota counseling procedure will include following stages-
- Registration of a Candidate: After the release of the merit list, eligible candidates have to register themselves for NEET state counselling through KEA Portal. After the payment of fee and successful submission of the online registration form, candidates will be eligible for further rounds.
- Verification of Documents: In this round candidates have to verify all the required documents at the Helpline Centre. After the completion of verification, candidates will be issued a verification slip. It will be an Interactive Session as candidates will be briefed about the choice filling/ options entry round and will also be assigned User ID and Password for next step.
- Entry of Options by Candidates/ Choice Filling: After the publication of seat matrix by the state government on the KEA website, eligible candidates can enter choice for their preferred medical and dental colleges. Entry of option can be made college wise, course wise, category wise and discipline wise. Candidates can choose number of colleges according to their priority as there is no limit for entry of choices. The choice filling will be followed by mock allotment of seat. It helps candidates to get an indicative allotment of the college/ course/ discipline etc as per their priority. Here, candidates get a chance to change the order, modify and delete the priority of the options.
Allotment of Seat: After locking final choice in mock allotment round, candidates will be allotted seats in their preferred medical and dental colleges. Seats will be allotted to the candidates in three phases.
- Post Seat Allotment Procedure: Choice Before a Candidate: Candidates have to make choices whether they are satisfied with the allotted college or not. They have to select among four choices (mentioned on information bulletin) and have to update the same on the KEA portal.
- Reporting to the college: Candidates have to report to the allotted college and have to notify KEA about the confirmation of seat in the allotted college.
Those candidates who will not be allotted any college in first round of counseling can apply for second round of counseling.
Following documents are required to be verified at the time of counseling-
- 10th Class marksheet
- 10+2 marksheet
- NEET 2020 admit card
- NEET 2020 rank card.
- Original challan of fee payment
- Domicile (if applicable)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate (if applicable)
- 2 recent passport sized photographs (same as uploaded in the application form)
- Printout of the filled-in online registration form.
- Other required certificates (applicable for various categories of the candidates)
- Officials will conduct Karnataka NEET State Quota Counselling 2020 via online mode only.
- Candidates are advised to read all the instructions carefully before filling the online registration form.
- No claims/ changes will be accepted once the verification slip is issued to the candidates after the verification of documents.
- Candidates have to carry all the original documents and a set of self-attested copy of all the documents for verification.
- Candidate’s request for mutual transfer of allotted seats will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Seats are allotted to the candidates on the basis of the various factors such as NEET score, eligibility, certificates verification, seats available in the colleges etc.
- Candidates are advised to stay in touch with KEA website to get any other updates about Karnataka NEET counseling.
In case, if candidates find any difficulty in filling online registration form for counseling, they must contact the responsible counseling authority. The contact details are given below-
Karnakata Education Authority,
Sampige Road, 18th Cross,
Malleshwaram, Bangalore – 560012
Phone- 080 – 23460460 (Five Lines)
Fax- 080 – 23461576