Karnataka NEET State Quota Counselling 2018: Karnataka NEET 2018 state counseling for filling 85% state quota seats will be conducted from 15th June 2018. Through NEET state counseling seats will be allotted to the candidates into various medical and dental colleges in the state. Candidates will be able to get admission into MBBS and BDS course in various private, government and deemed universities.
NEET AIQ counseling will be conducted by Medical Counseling Committee and state counseling will be conducted by the authorities managed by the state government. Karnataka Education Authority (KEA), Bangalore is the authority notified by Government of Karnataka for conducting centralized online counseling in Karnataka for the allotment of the seats for admission in medical and dental colleges of the state.
Table of Contents
- 1 Karnataka NEET State Quota Counselling 2018
- 1.1 Karnataka NEET State Counselling 2018 Overview
- 1.2 Important Dates
- 1.3 Registration for Counseling
- 1.4 Registration Fee-
- 1.5 Eligibility
- 1.6 Karnataka NEET State Quota Counselling 2018 Procedure
- 1.7 Documents Required
- 1.8 Important Points related to Karnataka NEET 2018 counseling
- 1.9 Contact Details
Karnataka NEET State Quota Counselling 2018
In this article, we have shared all the important information about the counseling dates, registration, eligibility, procedure etc of the Karnataka NEET State Quota Counselling 2018.
Karnataka NEET State Counselling 2018 Overview
|Exam Name||NEET UG 2018|
|Article Category||Karnataka NEET State Quota Counselling 2018|
|Exam conducting Authority||CBSE|
|State Quota Counseling Authority||KEA, Karnataka|
|Date of NEET result||4th June 2018|
|Commencement of State Quota Counseling||15th June 2018|
|Counseling and registration mode||Online|
NEET State Quota counseling schedule is given in the table below-
|Issue of Notification||15‐06‐2018|
|Online Registration||From 4.00 pm on 15‐06‐2018 to 21‐06‐2018 up to 5.30 pm|
|Last date to pay the Registration fees||22‐06‐2018|
|Display of serial number wise list of candidates (only for the purpose of document verification)||23‐06‐2018 after 4.00 pm|
|Display of schedule for offline verification||23‐06‐2018 after 6.00 pm|
|Offline Verification based on serial numbers||From 25‐06‐2018 to 02‐07‐2018|
|Display of Seat Matrix and Fee Structure – for all disciplines||To be Notified later|
|Option Entry by eligible candidates||From 5.30 pm on 29‐06‐2018 to 04‐07‐2018 up to 5.30 pm|
|Publication of Mock Allotment Results||06‐07‐2018 after 4.00 pm|
|Provision to change option entry by eligible candidates||From 5.30 pm on 06‐07‐2018 to 07‐07‐2018 up to 5.30 pm|
|Publication of first round allotment Result||09‐07‐2018 after 4.00 pm|
|Exercise of Choice||10‐07‐2018|
|Payment of fees and downloading of Admission Order (payment of fees by Choice‐1 and Choice‐2 candidates; downloading of admission orders only by Choice‐1, after payment)||10‐07‐2018 to 12‐07‐2018|
|Last Date for Reporting at the Allotted Medical / Dental College (Choice ‐1 Candidates Only)||13‐07‐2018|
Registration for Counseling
Registration for counseling will be done only through the online mode. Candidates can follow the given steps to register for Karnataka NEET State Quota Counselling-
- Candidates have to visit the official website of KEA, Karnataka i.e. kea.kar.nic.in.
- Click on “New User? Click here to register” option, provide all the details asked and submit.
- Login with ID and password created by the candidates
- Now fill all the required information and click on “save and Next” button
- Check all the entries carefully and click on submit button.
Once candidates have filled all the entries they will receive an ID and password which will be used for the further procedure.
- Login with ID and password
- Upload scanned copy of photograph, signature, thumb impression and parent signature in the prescribed format.
- Now take a printout of the bank challan and make payment of counseling fee at the respective bank.
- After successful registration, candidates have to take a printout of the registration form and obtain seal and signature of the principal of the school from where they have passed their 10+2.
- For General and OBC candidates- Rs.1000/-
- For SC/ST candidates- Rs.500/-
- NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals candidates)- Rs. 2000/-
Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying for counseling. Candidates failing to meet the eligibility criteria may lose their candidature from NEET counseling. Eligibility for NEET 2018 is as follows-
- Candidate must be an Indian national. NRI, OCI, PIO candidates are also eligible.
- Minimum age of the candidate must be 17 years on and before 31st December 2018.
- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 with English as one the languages and secured a minimum of 50% (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates) aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects.
- Candidates must have qualified NEET 2018.
Karnataka NEET State Quota Counselling 2018 Procedure
Karnataka NEET 2018 state quota counseling procedure will include following stages-
Registration of a Candidate
After the release of merit list, eligible candidates have to register themselves for NEET state counseling through KEA Portal. After the payment of fee and successful submission of online registration form, candidates will be eligible for further rounds.
Verification of Documents
In this round candidates have to verify all the required documents at the Helpline Centre. After the completion of verification, candidates will be issued a verification slip. It will be an Interactive Session as candidates will be briefed about the choice filling/ options entry round and will also be assigned User ID and Password for next step.
Entry of Options by Candidates/ Choice Filling
After the publication of seat matrix by the state government on the KEA website, eligible candidates can enter choice for their preferred medical and dental colleges. Entry of option can be made college wise, course wise, category wise and discipline wise. Candidates can choose number of colleges according to their priority as there is no limit for entry of choices. The choice filling will be followed by mock allotment of seat. It helps candidates to get an indicative allotment of the college/ course/ discipline etc as per their priority. Here, candidates get a chance to change the order, modify and delete the priority of the options.
Allotment of Seats
After locking final choice in mock allotment round, candidates will be allotted seats in their preferred medical and dental colleges. Seats will be allotted to the candidates in three phases.
Post Seat Allotment Procedure- Choice Before a Candidate
Candidates have to make choices whether they are satisfied with the allotted college or not. They have to select among four choices (mentioned on information bulletin) and have to update the same on the KEA portal.
Reporting to the college
Candidates have to report to the allotted college and have to notify KEA about the confirmation of seat in the allotted college.
Those candidates who will not be allotted any college in first round of counseling can apply for second round of counseling.
Following documents are required to be verified at the time of counseling-
- 10th Class marksheet
- 10+2 marksheet
- NEET 2018 admit card
- NEET 2018 rank card.
- Original challan of fee payment
- Domicile (if applicable)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate (if applicable)
- 2 recent passport sized photographs (same as uploaded in the application form)
- Printout of the filled-in online registration form.
- Other required certificates (applicable for various categories of the candidates)
- Karnataka NEET State Quota Counselling 2018 will be conducted in online mode in the month of June 2018.
- Candidates are advised to read all the instructions carefully before filling the online registration form.
- No claims/ changes will be accepted once the verification slip is issued to the candidates after the verification of documents.
- Candidates have to carry all the original documents and a set of self-attested copy of all the documents for verification.
- Candidate’s request for mutual transfer of allotted seats will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Seats are allotted to the candidates on the basis of the various factors such as NEET score, eligibility, certificates verification, seats available in the colleges etc.
- Candidates are advised to stay in touch with KEA website to get regular updates about Karnataka NEET counseling.
In case, if candidates find any difficulty in filling online registration form for counseling, they must contact the responsible counseling authority. The contact details are given below-
Karnakata Education Authority,
Sampige Road, 18th Cross,
Malleshwaram, Bangalore – 560012
Phone- 080 – 23460460 (Five Lines)
Fax- 080 – 23461576