Karnataka MBBS BDS Admission: The Karnataka Education Authority (KEA), Karnataka will be conducting counselling for Medical & Dental Seats to be allotted under NEET 2021 Counselling for the 85% state quota. All candidates who will successfully qualify for the NTA NEET 2021 exam, are eligible to participate in State quota counselling.
Every year, Karnataka Government issues an online application form for state quota, NEET-UG 2021 Counselling. As we know, 15% of seats of MBBS & BDS are reserved for All India Quota and the rest of 85% seats are reserved for State quota. This counselling is essentially a part of the state quota seats. Through this counselling admission, is given in MBBS, BDS and AYUSH courses seat under the state quota.
So, In this article, we are going to discuss everything about the Admission, Application and other processes to get MBBS and BDS seats. We will also tell all the readers about the Counselling Process under Karnataka NEET UG Counselling 2021. So, readers are advised to read the article till the end to gain some essential information about Counselling and Application.
Karnataka MBBS BDS Admission- NEET UG 2021
Karnataka State Level Counselling is organised under different rounds for the candidates who want to secure admission in various colleges and Institutions. For Admission into the courses like MBBS and BDS, only NEET scores are given consideration. The process of Counselling is arranged via the Online mode which includes essential processes like registration, filling choices, verification of documents and seat allotment process.
As KEA, is responsible to regulate the whole process, the application is also published by the same authority. The online application form for NEET State Quota Counselling 2021 will be available on the official website of KEA. All candidates have to fill the registration form to appear in online counselling. Karnataka Govt. will publish a state-level NEET-UG provisional merit list after the online application form filling procedure is completed.
All registered candidates will be called for counselling on basis of the obtained merit list. After which students will be allotted a seat, for which they need to report to the respective college at a given time. In the sections below, we will give out more information, details regarding Karnataka NEET 2021 State Quota Counselling.
KEA NEET Online Counselling Schedule 2021
The counselling will be conducted for admission to Dental, Medical and AYUSH courses. The complete counselling schedule is available below. To get all the latest news of Karnataka NEET Counselling candidates are suggested to keep their eagle eyes on this website as well as on the official website of KEA.
|Counselling Events||Date & Time*|
|Date of Notification||To be announced|
|Online Registration||August 2021|
|Last date to pay the registration fees||September 2021|
|Display of schedule for verification||–|
|Verification of documents (based on serial number wise merit list)||–|
|Display of Seat Matrix and Fee structure- for all disciplines||–|
|Option entry by eligible candidates||–|
|Publication of Mock Allotment Results||–|
|Provision to change options if any by candidates||–|
|Publication of first round allotment Result||–|
|Confirmation of Choice on Allotment, Payment of Fees and Downloading of admission order||–|
|Last date for reporting the colleges||October 2021|
Required Documents for Verification
- Admit card of NEET UG 2021.
- NEET – UG 2021 Mark sheet / Rank Card.
- A copy of the Online Application Form for participation in counselling according to NEET results.
- SSC (or equivalent) passing certificate or any other Government document as proof of Date of Birth.
- PUC/12th std. (or equivalent) examination marks sheet.
- Applicable Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority (for Karnataka Candidates only).
- OBC certificate issued by the competent Authority (for Karnataka Candidates only).
- Minority certificate issued by the educational institution concerned (for Christian, Tulu and Telugu Minority of Karnataka and Non-Karnataka Christian candidates).
- Domicile certificate, wherever necessary (for Karnataka Candidates only).
- Parent domicile certificate, wherever necessary (for Karnataka Candidates only).
- Eligibility Certificate for claiming seats reserved for Hyderabad Karnataka Region candidates issued by the Assistant Commissioner of the respective sub-division (applicable for Karnataka Candidates only).
- Anyone of the valid photo ID proof:
- i) Passport
- ii) PAN Card
- iii) Driving License
- iv) Aadhaar Card /acknowledgement for Aadhaar Card
- v) Voter’s ID
- vi) Certificate with photo issued by the Head of the previous Institution.
Karnataka MBBS BDS Admission @kea.kar.nic.in
Process of Admission under Karnataka State Counselling is a step-by-step process. We are detailing the complete process below. You can read the steps and apply them easily using these steps.
Step 1: Registration: The very first step in making the application is registering yourself. Students willing to apply for Karnataka Counselling can fill this registration form online. It will be available on the official website of KEA.
Step 2: Form Filling: After registering on the portal, the next thing a student applying needs to do, fills the application form. Enter all your details on the form. Upload all the required documents, photograph and signature which are essential when filling the application.
Step 3: Fee Payment: To apply for the counselling, students are also required to pay a fee amount. The counselling fee will be payable to the authority in the form of a bank challan. After completing the payment, your status will be deemed registered.
Step 4: Release of Merit: Only after the Karnataka Final Merit List is published by the authority students can proceed with the further process. Name of all the eligible students will be published by the authority.
Step 5: Verification Process: As soon as your name is published on the list, the next step is to verify all your documents. The verification of documents will be performed at different centres as specified by the higher authorities.
Step 6: Visting the Centre: To complete the verification process students have to visit the centres allotted to them. Also, the student will carry all the original documents which will be verified by officials. After completing the verification, students can proceed to the next step.
Step 7: Choosing Options: The next step is to fill the option entry. Students can choose their colleges according to their preference. This process will also be done online, on the official website of KEA.
Step 8: Seat Allotment: As before you chose some college options, your options will decide the college you get. Seats will be allotted to the registered students. Allotment of seats will be done based on your caste, rank, availability of seats, etc. A mock allotment will be done at first, so the students can flexibly change their preference if they want. After that, the final allotment will be done.
Step 9: Admission: After the final seat allotment, students can visit the official website and download their admission ticket. Finally, they can visit their college, submit the fee with the required documents.
Your admission is done!
List of Medical Colleges in Karnataka State
University Name– Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Bellur
- JSS Medical College, Mysore
- JJM Medical College, Davangere
- Mandya Institute of Medical Sciences, Mandya
- S. Nijalingappa Medical College & HSK Hospital & Research Centre, Bagalkot
- Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur
- St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore
- Basaveswara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga
- Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli
- Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
- Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre, Srinivasnagar
- Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Gulbarga
- Subbaiah Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga, Karnataka
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore
- Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore
- K V G Medical College, Sullia
- Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
- Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga
- Vijaynagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellary
- Shri B M Patil Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Bijapur
- Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
- Employees State Insurance Corporation Medical College, Bangalore
- Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences, Bidar
- S S Institute of Medical Sciences& Research Centre, Davangere
- Belgaum Institute of Medical Sciences, Belgaum
- MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore
- K S Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore
- Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences, Raichur
- M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Father Mullers Institute of Medical Education and Research, Mangalore
- Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan
- Govt. Medical College, Mysore
- Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur
- Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore
- Navodaya Medical College, Raichur
- SDM Medical College, Dharwad
University Name– KLE University (Deemed Univ.), Belgaun
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum
University Name– Sri Devaraj Urs University
- Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, Kolar
University Name– Manipal Academy of Higher Education
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
Some Other Medical Colleges For Different Courses
|National Institute of Unani Medicine, Bangalore (Karnataka)|
Academy for Acupressure and Acupuncture, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Healing Temple, Bangalore (Karnataka)
ISTHAA – Spa and Ayurveda Academy, Manipal (Karnataka)
International Spa Therapy and Ayurveda Academy (ISTHAA), Bangalore (Karnataka)
International Institute of Alternative Medicines and Research (IIAM), Bangalore (Karnataka)
Acupuncture Online, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Sambhram Institute of Medical Sciences and Research (SIMSAR), Bangalore (Karnataka)
Rajarajeswari Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Mahaganpati Ayurvedic Medical College, Hubli (Karnataka)
Karnataka Ayurveda Medical College, Mangalore (Karnataka)
Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College, Doddaballapur (Karnataka)
Acharya Desh Bhushan Ayurved Medical College, Belgaum (Karnataka)
Vydehi Institute of Dental Sciences, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Sri Siddhartha Dental College, Tumkur (Karnataka)
SB Patil Dental College and Hospital, Bidar
Rajarajeswari Dental College and Hospital, Mysore (Karnataka)
DA Pandu Memorial RV Dental College, Bangalore (Karnataka)
PM Nadagouda Memorial Dental College and Hospital, Bagalkot (Karnataka)
Navodaya Dental College and Hospital, Raichur (Karnataka)
Maratha Mandal’s Nathajirao G Halgekar Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Centre, Belgaum (Karnataka)
MS Ramaiah Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore (Karnataka)
MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore (Karnataka)
MR Ambedkar Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore (Karnataka)
JSS Dental College and Hospital, Mysore (Karnataka)
S Nijalingappa Institute of Dental Sciences and Research, Gulbarga (Karnataka)
HKDETs Dental College Hospital and Research Institute, Bidar (Karnataka)
Farooqia Dental College, Mysore (Karnataka)
National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences(NIMHANS), Bangalore (Karnataka)
Coorg Institute of Dental Sciences, Coorg (Karnataka)
Bangalore Institute of Dental Sciences, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Babu Jagjivan Ram Dental College, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Institute of Nephro Urology, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Dr. BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore (Karnataka)
MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore Rural (Karnataka)
Government Ayurvedic Medical College, Mysore (Karnataka)
Academy of Advanced Endodontics, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Ramakrishna Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital and Research Center, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Kasturba Medical College, Manipal (Karnataka)
KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore (Karnataka)
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum (Karnataka)
Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal (Karnataka)
KGF College of Dental Sciences and Hospital (KGFCDS), Kolar
St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore
Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Mandya
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), Bangalore (Karnataka)
Navodaya Medical College, Raichur (Karnataka)
AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore
Bharatesh Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospitals, Belgaum
Mahaganapathy Ayurvedic Medical College, Dharwad
Academy of Medical Educations (AMES) Dental College and Hospital, Raichur
You can check more Colleges in Karnataka, to view more. Click Here.
The Process will start as soon as the application process of NEET begins.
The fee for application is INR 650 for general category candidates and INR 500 for other category candidates.
Yes. Students can apply for admission from any other state only if they have secured marks above the minimum qualification marks in NEET UG 2021.
No, students who don’t belong to Karnataka cannot get admission under reservation category.
If you have any queries or suggestions regarding the post, you can leave your comments below. We will help you in the best way!