Gujarat NEET State Quota Counselling 2018 Schedule, Registration, Eligibility, Procedure

Gujarat NEET State Quota Counselling 2018: Gujarat NEET State Quota counseling has been started. Online counseling is conducting for admission of eligible NEET candidates into MBBS and BDS courses in various medical and dental colleges of the state. Counseling is strictly based on the merit of the candidates, therefore, only those candidates will be eligible for participating in counseling whose names will be there in the merit list.

85% state quota seats in Gujarat will be filled by the state counseling authority i.e. Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC) whereas counseling for remaining 15% All India Quota seats will be conducted by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC), India.

Gujarat NEET State Quota Counselling 2018

Gujarat NEET State Quota Counselling 2018 Schedule

In this article, we have shared all the important information about the schedule, registration, eligibility criteria, and procedure of the Gujarat 2018 State Quota counseling.

Gujarat NEET Counselling 2018 Overview

Exam NameNEET 2018
Article CategoryGujarat NEET State Quota Counselling 2018
Exam conducting AuthorityCBSE
StateGujarat
State Quota Counseling AuthorityACPUGMEC, Gujarat
Date of NEET result5th June 2018
Commencement of State Quota Counseling12th June 2018
Counseling registration modeOnline
ACPUGMEC websitewww.medadmgujarat.org

12/06/2018- Official Notification

Counseling Schedule

The complete schedule for NEET State Quota Counseling is given in the table below-

EventsDates
Purchase of OIN from Axis bank12th to 19th June 2018
Online registration13th  to 19th June 2018
Choice fillingwill be available soon
Verification of documents13th to 20th June 2018
Publication of merit  list4th  week of June

Counseling dates given here are the final dates.

Also Read: Gujarat Government Medical Colleges Fee Structure

Registration for Counseling

Registration is important for candidates if they want to participate in the state counseling.  Registration will be done only through the online mode. Eligible candidates have to get the information booklet with PIN from the designated branch of Axis bank determined by the admission committee in Gujarat. To get the PIN from the bank candidates have to pay an amount of Rs.200 in cash. After getting PIN candidate have to register for counseling and have to fill choice of courses and college as per their preference.  It is mandatory to take a printout of the registration form after online submission.

Candidates can also click on the direct link provided below for filling online registration form for Gujarat NEET state quota counseling-

Click here to fill online registration form for Gujarat NEET State Quota Counselling 2018 (Link will be available after 10th June)

Eligibility

Before filling registration form, candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria. Candidates failing to meet the eligibility criteria may lose their candidature from NEET counseling.  Eligibility for NEET 2018 is as follows-

  • Candidates must be a citizen of India. Non-Resident Indian and their wards are also eligible.

Age-

  • Minimum age of the candidate must be 17 years on and before 31st December 2018.

Qualification-

  • For MBBS- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology with English as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.
  • Candidate must have obtained minimum 50% (40% for SC/ST/SEBC & 45% for PH) together in all the subjects.
  • Candidates must have qualified NEET 2018.

Gujarat NEET 2018 Reservation for State Quota seats

15% seats will be filled by the DGHS on the behalf of Medical Counseling Committee (MCC). Remaining 85% seats under state quota in Gujarat will be filled by ACPUGMEC, Gujarat managed by State Government. Category wise reservation criteria for both MBBS and BDS is as follows-

CategorySeat reservation
Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)27%
ST15%
SC7%
Physically Disabled3%

Note- No reservation is applicable for migrated candidates from other states.

Counseling Procedure

Gujarat NEET State Quota Counselling 2018 will include following steps-

Counselling Procedure 2018

  1. PIN Number purchase-

Candidates have to purchase information booklet with PIN from the recognized Axis banks in Gujarat. Without PIN no candidate will be able to fill the registration form.

  1. Registration for NEET counseling

Now, with the help of PIN candidates can register themselves for Gujarat NEET 2018 state quota counseling by providing all the necessary details. If any candidate wants to correct or make changes in the data, he/she can do so by visiting the nearby Help center.

  1. Choice Filling-

After successful registration candidates have to fill choices for preferred course and college.

  1. Verification of Documents-

Candidates have to carry their original documents with the attested copies to the help centre for verification.

  1. Publication of Merit List-

On the basis of NEET All India Overall rank and documents, merit list of candidates will be published.

  1. Allotment of seats- On the basis of choices filled by the candidates, NEET rank and availability of seats, counseling authority will allot seats to the candidates and will publish the result online.
  2. Reporting- Candidates now have to report to the allotted colleges and have to confirm their admission by payment of the tuition fee.

Documents required for verification

Documents to be verified by the counseling officials are as follows-

  • NEET 2018 scorecard
  • Marksheet of 10+2/ HSC
  • Transfer certificate
  • 10th Standard Marksheet and passing certificate
  • Caste certificate (If applicable)
  • Non- creamy layer certificate (if applicable)
  • Physical Disability certificate (if applicable)
  • Domicile certificate
  • Documentary evidence of NRI candidates

*Candidates have to produce original and a self-attested copy of all the aforementioned documents along with the printed copy of filled-in registration form.

Important Points related to Gujarat NEET 2018 counseling

  • Gujarat NEET State Quota Counselling 2018 will be conducted in the month of June 2018 through online mode by the notified counseling authority.
  • Candidates are advised to ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before filling the online registration form.
  • Candidates are advised to read all the instructions carefully before filling the online registration form.
  • In case candidates want to make changes and correction in the filled data they can visit the nearby help centre or central control room with the relevant documents.

Check for: Procedure for Online Registration 2018

In case, if candidates find any difficulty in filling online registration form for counseling, they must contact the concerned counseling authority. The contact details are given below-

Contact Details

Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC)

GMERS Medical College,

Gandhinagar, Gujarat

Mobile- 9099074536 

2 thoughts on “Gujarat NEET State Quota Counselling 2018 Schedule, Registration, Eligibility, Procedure”

Leave a Comment