Chandigarh NEET Counselling 2019 for 85% state quota seats is expected to start from 6th June 2019. Recently, Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh announced the schedule of online form filling for NEET 2019 State quota admission. Through the NEET UG centralized state counseling, candidates will be granted admission into MBBS/BDS/BHMS courses in the various Medical and dental colleges of Chandigarh. Centralized counseling in the state of Chandigarh will be conducted and managed by Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh.
Table of Contents
- 1 Chandigarh NEET Counselling 2019
- 1.1 Overview of Chandigarh NEET Counseling 2019
- 1.2 Courses Offered
- 1.3 Participating Colleges in Chandigarh NEET Counselling 2019
- 1.4 Counselling Schedule 2019*
- 1.5 Registration/ Application Procedure for Chandigarh NEET Counselling 2019
- 1.6 Application fee
- 1.7 Seats Reservation
- 1.8 Counselling Venue
- 1.9 Chandigarh NEET Counselling Procedure
- 1.10 Documents Required Chandigarh NEET Counselling
- 1.11 Important Points
Chandigarh NEET Counselling 2019
In this article, we have shared all the necessary details related to Chandigarh NEET state quota counseling 2019.
Overview of Chandigarh NEET Counseling 2019
|Exam Name||NTA NEET UG 2019|
|Article Category||NEET 2019 Chandigarh counselling|
|Exam conducting Authority||NTA|
|State Quota Counseling Authority||Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh|
|Date of NEET result||The first week June 2019|
|Commencement of State Quota Counseling||2nd week of June 2019|
|Registration mode for counseling||Online|
|Website of GMCH, Chandigarh||www.gmch.gov.in|
Official Notification 2018 (2019 notification to upload here after release from authority)
Following courses will be offered through Chandigarh NEET counseling-
Participating Colleges in Chandigarh NEET Counselling 2019
- Government Medical College and Hospital (MBBS- 100 seats)
- Harvansh Singh Judge Institute of Dental Sciences (BDS- 100 seats)
NEET Seat Matrix of Chandigarh MBBS BDS 2019 counseling
|Name of the College||Total Seats||UT Chandigarh|
|Government Medical College and Hospital||100||77||All India Quota – 15|
Central Pool – 02
NRI – 06
|Dr. Harvansh Singh Judge Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital||100||—||All India Pool – 73|
NRI – 15
Central Pool – 10
Reserved for candidates from
Hoshiarpur District – 02
Counselling Schedule 2019*
|Availability of online admission form||6th June 2019|
|Last date of submission of hard copy of the application form||18th June 2019|
|Publication of list of eligible candidates||2nd week of June 2019|
|The first round of counseling||3rd week of June 2019|
|The second round of counseling||2nd week of July 2019|
|Last date of admission||Last week of July 2019|
The schedule given above is prepared on the basis of the last year’s information. The official schedule will be updated soon.
Who is eligible for Chandigarh NEET Counselling?
Before filling the application form for NEET counseling, the candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria. Candidates failing to meet the eligibility criteria may lose their candidature from NEET counseling. Hence, they will not be able to participate in the counseling procedure. Below we have shared the eligibility criteria for Chandigarh NEET counseling 2019-
- Candidates must have attained an age of 17 years on and before 31st December 2019.
- Candidates who want to apply under the category of All India Quota and UT Chandigarh must be an Indian citizen as the candidate of other nationality is not eligible.
- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 exam or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as a subject from a recognized Board.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum percentage of marks in all the subjects taken together. Below is the minimum percentage of marks required by the candidates falling under different categories-
|Physical Disability||Min. 45%|
- Lastly, candidates whose name will be there in NEET 2019 merit list will be eligible for NEET counseling.
Also Check: Chandigarh NEET State Quota Merit List 2019
Registration/ Application Procedure for Chandigarh NEET Counselling 2019
The application/ registration for NEET Chandigarh will be done only through the online mode. Below we have shared all the mandatory steps to fill the online application form for NEET state quota counseling 2019-
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the GMCH, Chandigarh (mentioned above).
- Now candidates have to fill the application form by filling valid information.
- After filling all the details candidates have to take a printout of the challan form.
- Now candidates have to deposit an application fee.
- To complete the application procedure candidates have to submit the printout of the filled-in application form and fee challan along with the required documents in GMCH, Chandigarh by the due date.
- Lastly, candidates have to collect receipt of the submitted form.
Candidates can also click on the link provided below for filling online registration form for NEET state quota counseling–
Click here to fill registration form for Chandigarh NEET 2019 State Quota Counseling
The application fee for various categories is as follows-
|General and all the categories||500/- plus bank charges|
|SC||300/- plus bank charges|
|NRI||6800/- plus bank charges|
- Application fee can be paid only through the bank challan.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
Here, we have shared the reservation criteria as per the rules and policies of the State Government for MBBS/BDS/BHMS seats in Chandigarh-
*Candidates can claim the reservation seat only if he/she possess a relevant certificate.
Auditorium,‘O’ Block, (Sarai Building),
Govt. Medical College,
Sector 32-A, Chandigarh
Chandigarh NEET Counselling Procedure
NEET Chandigarh counselling 2019 will include following steps-
- Registration for Chandigarh NEET counseling
The first and most important step in NEET counseling is the registration. Candidates have to fill an online registration form to be eligible for counseling. The application form will be released only through online mode along with the prospectus. After filling all the details in the application form, candidates have to make payment of the fee and have to submit the application form along with all the required documents.
- Publication of list of eligible candidates/Merit list
On the basis of merit and details filled on the application form, a list of eligible candidates will be prepared and displayed online.
Candidates now have to report to the counseling venue on the specified date and time along with all the required documents. After the verification of documents and completing all the formalities seats will be allotted to the candidates in their preferred course.
- NEET Chandigarh Second Round Counseling
Candidates who will not be allotted any seats in the first round can apply for second round counseling and can get a seat in their preferred course.
- Reporting to the Chandigarh allotted college
After the completion of counselling process candidates have to report to the allotted college where they have to go through a medical examination. Admission will be confirmed only after the result of the medical examination and payment of the admission fee. Only medically fit candidates will be granted admission.
Documents Required Chandigarh NEET Counselling
- Documents to be submitted with the application form-
Following documents (self-attested copies) are required to be submitted along with the application form in GMCH, Chandigarh-
- NEET UG 2019 scorecard/result
- NEET UG 2019 admit card
- Matriculation certificate (Class 10th) mark sheet or birth certificate
- 10+1 passing certificate
- 10+2 (12th class) mark sheet
- Migration certificate
- Character certificate
- An affidavit explaining the gap in studies (if any)
- Caste certificate for reserved category (if applicable)
- PWD certificate (if applicable)
- Payment receipt of application fee paid through challan
- Any other document (if applicable)
Documents to be carried to the reporting counseling venue-
Candidates are required to carry original copy of all the aforementioned documents along with two passport size photographs and any of the following photo identity proofs-
- PAN Card,
- Voter Identity card,
- Driving License,
- The application form will be available only on the official website of GMCH website. No printed application form will be available.
- Separate application forms will be filled for all the three courses.
- If any candidate has applied for all the three courses then he/she has to submit application fee separately for each course.
- If a candidate has been granted a seat in a college then he/she will not be eligible to appear in subsequent counseling.
- Admission will be provided to the candidates only on the basis of merit, which means only on the basis of NEET score.
- Candidates have to submit all the documents to the address given below before the due date.
Centralized Medical Admissions-2019,
Diary Section, Room No. 228-A,
Level II, ‘D’ Block, Hospital Building,
Government Medical College & Hospital,
Sector 32 B, Chandigarh- 160030
We hope that the information was useful.
Keep visiting our page for more updates related to Chandigarh NEET 2019 state quota counseling.