Assam NEET State Merit List 2018 for MBBS & BDS: Assam NEET 2018 merit list for MBBS and BDS seats has announced on the official website of Assam HEALTH & FAMILY WELFARE DIRECTORATE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION. NEET 2018 was successfully conducted on 6th May 2018 in 136 cities across India. NEET merit list act as a base for admission of candidates in Medical and Dental colleges.
As we know NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level exam conducted annually for the admission of candidates into MBBS and BDS course in various medical colleges of India. CBSE is the conducting authority and is also responsible for releasing result, cut off marks, merit list of the candidates.
Table of Contents
- 1 Assam NEET State Merit List 2018
- 1.1 An Overview of Assam NEET 2018
- 1.2 Assam NEET 2018 Merit List
- 1.3 Important Dates of Assam NEET UG 2018 Merit List
- 1.4 NEET 2018 Qualifying Percentile
- 1.5 Assam NEET 2018 Category-wise Seat Reservation
- 1.6 Details Mentioned On Assam NEET State Merit List 2018
- 1.7 NEET 2018 Statistics
- 1.8 Assam NEET 2018 Statistics
- 1.9 Assam NEET 2018 MBBS BDS Merit List- Tie- Breaker
- 1.10 Highlights of Assam NEET 2018 MBBS BDS Merit List
Assam NEET State Merit List 2018
Assam NEET State Merit List 2018 has released after the announcement of NEET 2018 result and all India merit list. Candidates will be able to download it from the official website of Assam DME i.e. www.dme.assam.gov.in.
Recommended: Assam NEET Expected Cut Off Marks 2018
In this article, you will get all the details related to Assam NEET 2018 merit list.
An Overview of Assam NEET 2018
|Article category||Assam NEET State Merit List 2018|
|Exam Name||NEET 2018|
|Course offered||MBBS/ BDS|
|Date of the exam||6th May 2018|
|Release of result||5th June 2018|
|The release of Merit list||2nd week of June (Tentative)|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Exam Location||All over India|
Assam NEET 2018 Merit List
Merit list is the list of candidates selected and ranked on the basis of marks obtained in an examination. NEET merit list for All India Rank 2018 will be released by CBSE probably in the month of June and after that Directorate of Medical Education, Assam will release merit list for seats under state quota.
Merit list will be followed by counseling procedure and seats will be allotted to the candidates. For 15% All India Quota seats counseling will be conducted by Medical Council of India (MCI) whereas counseling for 85 % seats, will be conducted by Directorate of Medical Education, Government of Assam. There are total 6 Medical colleges and 1 dental college in Assam which offer MBBS and BDS course respectively.
Important Dates of Assam NEET UG 2018 Merit List
|Events||Dates – Released|
|The release of Assam NEET State Merit List 2018||12 June 2018|
|The release of online application||June 2018 (second week)|
|Last date for application||June 2018 (Third week)|
|First Round of counseling||25th June- 5th July 2018|
|Reporting at allotted college||12th July 2018|
*Dates given here are tentative dates. Final dates will be updated soon.
NEET 2018 Qualifying Percentile
Category-wise qualifying percentile of NEET 2018 is as follow-
|Category of candidates||Percentile|
|UR- PH||45 percentile|
|OBC- PH||40 percentile|
|SC- PH||40 percentile|
|ST- PH||40 percentile|
Assam NEET 2018 Category-wise Seat Reservation
Total 726 MBBS seats and 40 BDS seats are available in Assam. Category wise reservation for MBBS and BDS seats is as follows-
|Other Backward Classes / More Other Backward Classes- Non Creamy Layer (OBC/MOBC- NCL)||25.53 %||25.53 %|
|SC||7 %||7 %|
|ST- Hills||5 %||5 %|
|ST- Plains||10 %||10 %|
|PwD||3 %||3 %|
Details Mentioned On Assam NEET State Merit List 2018
- Name of the candidate
- Application Number
- Roll number
- State Rank
- All India NEET rank
- Category of the candidates
- Subject- Wise marks obtained (Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- Total Marks obtained
- Application state
- Name of the state from where applicants passed class 12th
NEET 2018 Statistics
Assam NEET 2018 Statistics
Total 13,26,725 candidates registered for NEET 2018, out of which 25,126 candidates were from Assam. NEET 2018 exam was conducted in total 45 centres across the state of Assam.
Assam NEET 2018 MBBS BDS Merit List- Tie- Breaker
In case, if two candidates score equal marks, it becomes difficult to rank them. Therefore, following criteria will be used to determine the inter-si-merit-
- Candidate scoring highest marks in Biology (Botany and Zoology) will be given preference.
- In case, tie still persists then the candidate with highest marks in chemistry will be considered.
- Candidates attending less number of wrong answers or fewer mistakes in all the subjects in the test will be ranked high.
- Lastly, age will be considered to break the tie. Candidate older in age will be given preference and hence will be ranked high.
Highlights of Assam NEET 2018 MBBS BDS Merit List
- Assam NEET State Merit List 2018 will be released tentatively in the second week of June 2018.
- DME Assam NEET 2018 MBBS and BDS merit list will be published by DME, Assam.
- Assam Merit list will be published online on the official website.
- Candidates are advised to stay in touch with the official website of CBSE and DME, Assam to get the regular updates related to merit list as no candidates will be informed individually.
Keep visiting our page for more details and information related to Assam NEET 2018 Merit list.