Christian Medical College, Ludhiana was the first medical college for women in Asia. Established in 1894, CMC, Ludhiana is run by a minority Christian community. It is one of the popular private medical colleges in Punjab founded by Dame Edith Mary Brown. It is affiliated to Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot and recognized by MCI. It is registered under the name-The Christian Medical College and Hospital that also run a dental, nursing and allied health sciences college along with CMC medical college.
Table of Contents
- 1 Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
In this article, you will get all the important details related to admission in CMC, Ludhiana.
An Overview of CMC, Ludhiana
|College Name||Christian Medical College|
|Popular name||CMC, Ludhiana|
|Affiliation||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot|
|Approved||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Year of Establishment||1894|
Various under Graduate, Post Graduate, Diploma and Super Specialty courses are offered at CMC, Ludhiana. Here is the list of all the courses offered-
- Diploma courses
- PG Diploma courses
- PG degree courses
Super Specialty Courses
Fee Structure of Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
Fee for all the courses is as follows-
|MBBS||Rs. 6,60000/- per year|
|MD||Rs. 5,85000/- per year|
|MS||Rs. 5,85000/- per year|
|PG Diploma||Rs. 3,51000/- per year|
|DM||Rs. 5,75,000/- per year|
|MCH||Rs. 5,75,000/- per year|
Note- Fee structure is based on previous year’s data and is subject to change as per rules and policies of the university.
The total number of seats sanctioned for a particular course in a college for a year is known as intake. Below we have shared the intake in all the courses offered at CMC, Ludhiana-
|Courses||Total Seats (Intake)|
MBBS Seats Distribution in Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
Category-wise seat distribution of MBBS seats in CMC, Ludhiana is as follows-
|Category||Category Code||MBBS Seats|
|All India General Open||1||13|
|Christian with Service Commitment- Punjab||2||15|
|Christian with Service Commitment- (Non Punjab)||3||31|
|Backward Class from Punjab||5||1|
|SC/ST from Punjab||4||2|
- Candidates in category 2, obtaining less than 40% marks in Bible test will be considered under category 1
- Area wise distribution for states and Union Territories: Christian Minority with service commitment category- category-2
- A- Punjab
- B- Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Telangana, Tamilnadu, Puducherry
- C- Gujarat, Maharashtra, Daman and Dui, Rajasthan, Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Goa, Lakshadweep
- D- Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Andaman and Nicobar Island
- E- Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Assam, Nagaland, Mizoram, Tripura, Sikkim
- F- Delhi, Haryana, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Chandigarh
- G- Service Commitment with CMC, Ludhiana & its Outreach Centres.
Only those candidates will be offered a seat in a particular course in CMC, Ludhiana who will fulfill the eligibility criteria. You can check the eligibility criteria for the courses offered in CMC, Ludhiana given below-
Nationality- Candidate must be an Indian citizen. NRI, OCI, Foreign National, and PIO are also eligible for admission in MBBS and BDS.
Age Criteria- Candidate’s age must be of 17 years as on 1 December 2018.
Qualification Criteria- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 exam with minimum 50% marks (40% for SCL/ST). They must have qualified Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English individually in 10+2. Candidates must have qualified NEET.
- MD/MS/PG Diploma-
- Candidates must be an Indian National. NRI and PIO candidates are also eligible.
- Candidates must have a MBBS degree from a recognized college.
- Candidates must have qualified NEET PG entrance exam
- Candidates must have a MD degree from a recognized University.
- Candidates must have a MS degree from a recognized university.
Minimum Marks required for MBBS
NEET candidates have to secure the minimum percentile (minimum Marks required) finalized by CBSE in order to qualify the exam and secure admission in a medical college. Admission in CMC, Ludhiana will also be granted on the basis of same criteria. Category-wise qualifying percentile of NEET 2018 needed for admission in MBBS courses is given below.
|Category of candidates||Percentile|
|UR- PH||45 percentile|
|OBC- PH||40 percentile|
|SC- PH||40 percentile|
|ST- PH||40 percentile|
NEET UG Previous year cut off
|Category of candidates||Percentile|
CMC, Ludhiana grants admission to the candidates in MBBS on the basis of NEET scorecard. Christian Medical College, Ludhiana will release its MBBS merit list and after that candidates will be called for counseling. Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot is the authority responsible for conducting NEET UG counseling of filling seats in CMC, Ludhiana and other medical colleges of Punjab. Apart from MBBS, admission in other courses like MD/MS/PG Diploma and DM/MCH is granted on the basis of NEET PG and NEET SS respectively.
Christian Medical College & Hospital,
Brown Road, Ludhiana, INDIA.
Fax – 91-161-2600270
Email – Care@Cmcludhiana.In